Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #1

Interior Mods....

I contacted Brad and Hall today in Indiana to discuss a few changes to my Dynamax to make the wife happy. I LOVE my TC but the wife does not like the fact that it has a couch and free standing dinette only on the main slide. We are talking about putting in a small booth with a flexsteel extend a couch to create a more welcoming salon area for visiting and watching TV.

Has anyone done any other mods to their trucks and if so did you use a company to do it? We are in Michigan so most likely Indiana would be my best bet for the mods.
jtharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #2

Hi JT. I tried to look over the Flexsteel sofas on their web site. Talk about a rotten web site. They have one picture of each item. They don't show the sofas opened up to beds and such. I'm trying to figure out how those extenda couches make into a bed. I've got a jackknife sofa that I often use for sleeping. I'd love to have a recliner type sofa but can't find one that makes down to a bed. Does the extenda couch have reclining and sleeping capability?
Old 06-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #3

I'm kind of a do-it-myself hacker so would most likely muddle through it myself. But, if I was going to have a shop do something I'd stop by Showhauler and see what they can do for you. They seem to be pretty high quality.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4 View Post
Hi JT. I tried to look over the Flexsteel sofas on their web site. Talk about a rotten web site. They have one picture of each item. They don't show the sofas opened up to beds and such. I'm trying to figure out how those extenda couches make into a bed. I've got a jackknife sofa that I often use for sleeping. I'd love to have a recliner type sofa but can't find one that makes down to a bed. Does the extenda couch have reclining and sleeping capability?
Go to the Brad and Hall website...they have pictures of flexsteel as well as Villa. Gives dimensions both retracted and extended. Villa are a bit pricey BUT they custom make it to any size with an 8 week lead time. I'm having them draw up some ideas for the main salon area using an extend a couch. They said they can replace the entire main slide furniture in 2 days once the materials come in.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #5

True bob, I never thought of them. Will give them a call.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #6

I just ripped out the booth sofa combo, all Flexsteel stuff, brown faux leather, it was all installed in my driver side large slide area. I warn you it was the most uncomfortable stuff to try and sit and watch a movie on. I will say it looked impressive and everyone liked it....In the location of the sofa we installed two small recliners, in the location of the Boothe I build a combo Murphy bed/ desk area.
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote