Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2020, 06:48 PM   #29

I know most folks love their Valencia’s and that is great. I have never driven the S2 chassis but I have put over 30,000 miles on my M2 and can say I am happy with the ISL9 and it’s 350 HP but it is a little limited in the very steep climbs so I can not imagine what the ISB must be like with its limited torque. If you can swing getting into the M2 I think you would be much happier but that is just my opinion. Thanks
ragoodspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2020, 08:37 PM   #30
UAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
we were looking at these as well. 360hp. not
enough you say,?? Could you expound. if we buy
one we will have a towed. and will be doing the
rockies regular.. Like to know we wont have to
get out and push..
We are in the same exact boat as you. We live in Colorado and drive the passes all the time.

We are only pulling a small car, no large trailers.

The M2 is very nice but not necessary for most of us unless you are pulling really heavy loads.

Also, I don't mind being slower over the passes than the next guy.

Realistically, we are maybe a minute or two slower than those with larger engines/torque. If that is a concern to you, go for the M2. If not, save your money.

Pulling a car will not be an issue at all, regardless if you are in the mountains or the flat lands.

I drive slow all the time so I don't mind not being first to the top of a pass.

One more thing: I have driven them all and I believe the S2RV chassis rides wonderfully. I like to test suspensions on Colorado's brutal expansion joints and and freeze cracks all the time. S2RV handled things extremely well and I was pleasantly surprised.
UAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 05:17 AM   #31

guess its not the race to the top that concerns me
either. Im not 18 anymore lol. Like any machine
if its working hard it wont last as long. underpowered rigs use more fuel and break things
quicker. Guess thats more of a concern for me.
varmonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 05:25 PM   #32

An ISL-based Super C isn't going to fly up 8% grades at 65 mph at 1400 RPM either. If you're expecting the HP/torque headroom of a normal unladen truck/SUV in a motorhome weighing 30k+ lbs, get ready to spend $$$$$$$$.

Just to share an anecdote, I just drove Eisenhower Pass (I-70) both directions this weekend in my 27k lb (loaded) Valencia. I had the pedal to the floor more or less the whole time. Westbound ascent is 5-6% and I was able to maintain 45-50 mph which was keeping up with the semi's and even passing two. Eastbound ascent is 7% and I was only able to maintain 35-40mph, but the speed limit for vehicles >26k GVWR is 35 MPH in this section anyway. Many semis were going slower with their hazards on and I was able to pass them easily when there was room in the middle lane. In one instance I got caught behind one of the 15-20 mph semi's and had to accelerate uphill to pass it. It took a little while but the Valencia was able to build speed back to 35mph even in that extreme situation. No semi's passed me on either ascent although a couple pickups towing 5'ers did.

I was pretty satisfied with the performance of the Valencia. I wasn't towing a big stacker trailer or anything like that, so I could definitely see wanting the M2 chassis if I was, but towing a car the Valencia is just fine for me.

I'd say get the one that has the floorplan/amenities/price you like best and don't worry about the chassis. Either one will be good for your needs.
Rumline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 02:11 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumline View Post
An ISL-based Super C isn't going to fly up 8% grades at 65 mph at 1400 RPM either. If you're expecting the HP/torque headroom of a normal unladen truck/SUV in a motorhome weighing 30k+ lbs, get ready to spend $$$$$$$$.

Just to share an anecdote, I just drove Eisenhower Pass (I-70) both directions this weekend in my 27k lb (loaded) Valencia. I had the pedal to the floor more or less the whole time. Westbound ascent is 5-6% and I was able to maintain 45-50 mph which was keeping up with the semi's and even passing two. Eastbound ascent is 7% and I was only able to maintain 35-40mph, but the speed limit for vehicles >26k GVWR is 35 MPH in this section anyway. Many semis were going slower with their hazards on and I was able to pass them easily when there was room in the middle lane. In one instance I got caught behind one of the 15-20 mph semi's and had to accelerate uphill to pass it. It took a little while but the Valencia was able to build speed back to 35mph even in that extreme situation. No semi's passed me on either ascent although a couple pickups towing 5'ers did.

I was pretty satisfied with the performance of the Valencia. I wasn't towing a big stacker trailer or anything like that, so I could definitely see wanting the M2 chassis if I was, but towing a car the Valencia is just fine for me.

I'd say get the one that has the floorplan/amenities/price you like best and don't worry about the chassis. Either one will be good for your needs.
Were you towing your car on the pass or no? I just recently did that pass (East) in a 33' class A rental with the Ford v10. It did not like it whatsoever ha.
PremierPOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:45 PM   #34

Yes, I was towing our Ford Edge.

I bet you'd have trouble in a naturally-aspirated gas engine up that pass. I'm just curious, do you recall what speeds were you able to maintain?
Old 07-09-2020, 05:44 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumline View Post
Yes, I was towing our Ford Edge.

I bet you'd have trouble in a naturally-aspirated gas engine up that pass. I'm just curious, do you recall what speeds were you able to maintain?
At the steepest/ slowest part, 30 mph floored at 5,000 rpm ha.

How does the Valencia do with that pass when not towing anything? I am in the market for one, just not sure on the lower power compared to the Verona and larger.
Old 07-10-2020, 02:34 PM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Hey friends, anyone have experience with IWS or Sport Truck RV both before and after the sale?? we are down to the decision of ordering our unit and wanted some feedback on both if possible.. both have great teams of folks it seems!!
GUS2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 06:17 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomi2000 View Post
Hey friends, anyone have experience with IWS or Sport Truck RV both before and after the sale?? we are down to the decision of ordering our unit and wanted some feedback on both if possible.. both have great teams of folks it seems!!
After watching many videos on their youtube channel, I was sold on them and said that is who we will be buying from even being in Indianapolis.

I sent them an email asking for MSRP pricing lists for several of the lines, along with pricing on their "signature" options. The response I got was that Renegade does not have an MSRP price sheet and to let him know what coach we want and they can build up the price.

It was already becoming a hassle, so I reached out to my local dealer and got an immediate response with price sheets for all of the lines.
Old 07-13-2020, 07:07 AM   #38

You might want to consider a late model used coach.

Check the classifieds here and then look at the Truck Conversions.
Ziggy8321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 03:28 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by PremierPOWER View Post
It was already becoming a hassle, so I reached out to my local dealer and got an immediate response with price sheets for all of the lines.

Does that include price sheets for the Classic line? If so, would you be willing to share?
Uncle_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 05:22 AM   #40

Anyone looking for a good deal and a dealer that is willing to be 100% upfront with pricing, contact Randy at M&K Sport Coach in Indianapolis:

randy.repp@mktruck.com
Old 07-14-2020, 09:50 AM   #41

Looks like a great deal on a Verona at SouthlandRV in Atlanta. I’ve been very impressed with their service on our LTV.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice