RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-12-2020, 07:45 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnoword View Post
Hey there! I have a Verona 36 VSB, and have a nearly identical situation. My road is not that busy, but here's my routine, using your drawing for reference:
I will approach from the left, turn on my hazards, when the rear wheels arrive at the driveway entrance, I pull hard to the left, across the oncoming lane with my LF wheel just off the pavement. Crank the wheel hard right, and back into the drive. I don't leave any of the pavement, either on the road or the driveway, by more than a foot or so. the part that takes practice is when to cut hard left without going too far, or not far enough. The rear swing would probably take out posts or anything next to the drive, but I dont' have any of those. I back in for two reasons, more maneuverable to get off the road, and I need to back 800 feet up my driveway, as there's no where to turn around at the house.

Thanks for the reply. Since the Verona 36 is one of my two finalists, your advice on backing technique is appreciated, and gives me a lot more confidence to go down this road (so to speak).

Uncle_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2020, 04:44 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Mike View Post
Thanks for the reply. Since the Verona 36 is one of my two finalists, your advice on backing technique is appreciated, and gives me a lot more confidence to go down this road (so to speak).
Learn to back to the driver side and you will never need a spotter. Start by knowing how wide the drive is and how wide your rig is (Motor Home or Trailer) and it will always fit. No need for a spotter, the tree or fence post will never jump out into your path.

I have been parking various trailers next to my house solo for 20 years. Never touched the house or ran of the 12' foot wide pad in that time.

Old 02-13-2020, 10:27 PM   #17

I have a 36ft Verona. I could do it myself on mine ok. You may have to make couple passes on you 90 degree radius bends keeping tight turns to your radius, but it should work fine. I have had Class A for 28years and drove dump truck for 40 years.
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:46 PM   #18

I have a Verona 36VSB, and I feel I could make that as long as I can cut the corner a little onto the gravel. Yes, back in is the way. The soft ground is an issue with the weight, you will make ruts in soft ground. Consider concrete flare at end of the driveway.

38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help