Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2018, 07:37 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Need some input on Super C's

My latest breakdown in my Class A has only reinforced my option that a Super C is a better alternative in owning a Motorhome. So while stuck waiting for repairs, I did some searching, had some questions, so thought I would ask yall for some help.

It appears there are 2 players in this market: 1. Renegade 2. Dynamax; that are worth considering. Are there any that I am missing? Yes I saw that Jayco makes one, but since they got purchased by Thor, no way in hell I will ever own anything that has anything to do with Thor.

Looks like the Verona & DX3 are the two that would cross over best for me, don't really need the extra tow limits, but from a fit & finish standpoint those appear to be kind of the minimum. Thoughts on these two models?

Did some searching for used units and there is very little available. Typically like to buy used 2-3 years old type deal to let original buyer take the initial depreciation hit, but there just are not many out there. Thoughts?

Did not see a lot of threads here on the Dynamax here, seems everyone here is 99% Renegade.

My only real big gripe is the graphics packages they put on these, holy cow they ugly these up. Hate paying a lot of money for this level of ugly.

Feel free to throw whatever comes to mind, appreciate any and all input, good or bad.
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2018, 07:56 AM   #2

Hallmark and Showhauler both make very nice Super C's. I have a 2017 Renegade Verona and love it. M2 cab a little tight but has plenty of power for me. Dynamax and Jayco are both owned by Forrest River and I would personally not purchase a FR manufactured product. Renegade is now owned by REV Group so we will see how that works out!? In my two years of Renegade ownership I have had zero issues with the coach, a few recalls on the Freightliner. Best of luck.
ragoodspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:56 AM   #3

Verona and DX3 are both awesome. Drove and considered both. We just bought a Renegade Valencia because we didn't need the extra tow capacity and the fit/finish/floorplan was perfect for us.

Nexus is another player.

Dynamax threads are over at forestriverforums.com

Great dealer is Longhorn RV where I bought mine. Few hours from you. They are a Renegade AND Dynamax dealer so you'd be able to see/test drive both. Their sales mgr "Coop" is very experienced knows freaking everything about these Super Cs.
lslblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:03 AM   #4

We also don't need the tow limits we now have.
And like you we bought 3+ year old RVs in the past.
Once we saw the Verona we loved all that it had and used ones are just not out there. I think the Verona's have only been made since 2016 so I'm sure that has alot to do with it.

no complaints about ours, we boondock alot and liked the fresh water capacity ( 150 Gals. ).
I do know showhauler has 200 gal. fresh capacity !

Good luck.
Bruce
deputybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:05 AM   #5

A good friend of mine has a Hallmark Status with the new Volvo 600hp setup. He pulls a 39' stacker car hauler with 3 cars in it. He is 84' going down the road, one nice looking set up.
RunningHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:46 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We just bought a new Verona 36vsb. Lazydays had a used one but wanted almost as much as we paid for new. There are several 2018’s, that are now last years model out there. We were told the small dx3 would not be available till December. So far we are happy with the Verona but only have one camping trip under our belts
boba1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:21 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragoodsp View Post
Dynamax and Jayco are both owned by Forrest River and I would personally not purchase a FR manufactured product. Renegade is now owned by REV Group so we will see how that works out!? In my two years of Renegade ownership I have had zero issues with the coach, a few recalls on the Freightliner. Best of luck.
Dynamax is owned by Forest River
Jayco is owned by Thor "Thor Announces Acquisition of Jayco for $576 Million, July 1st 2016"
I currently own a Fleetwood which is also owned by REV Group, have had zero issues with support from Fleetwood, so my assumption is I would get same level of service I am getting now, which has been great.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:23 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lslblues View Post
Great dealer is Longhorn RV where I bought mine. Few hours from you. They are a Renegade AND Dynamax dealer so you'd be able to see/test drive both. Their sales mgr "Coop" is very experienced knows freaking everything about these Super Cs.
This is perfect, was hoping to find a place that had both to compare side by side, thanks for the heads up
Old 06-09-2018, 07:42 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by boba1106 View Post
We just bought a new Verona 36vsb. Lazydays had a used one but wanted almost as much as we paid for new. There are several 2018’s, that are now last years model out there.
This is what drives me crazy, when people/dealers try to sell a used rig for almost as much as new This was my issue between the Valencia & Verona, its only about a $30K delta between the two and the Verona appears to be a much nicer rig than the Valencia.

The 36vsb is what I was thinking as well. Had a 32ft rig in the past and it was too small, always felt like it needed and extra 4 to 6 feet to be perfect. My current rig is 42ft and its fine, no complaints, but would not mind being a bit smaller, especially since I tow a car hauler now, am at 65 ft when on the road.

My biggest concern, and I am not sure which floor plan I can get to accomplish this, but I need 3 Queen size bed sleeping area's, which is what I have now. Wish these did not come with a King size bed in Master, have a Queen now and its fine, would rather have the extra room. Currently I have 2 sofa's that pull out to make Queen size beds, with Queen in Master, we have 3 Queen sleeping area's. My two boys are big, one is a D1 P5 football player to put size in perspective, no way they fit anything less than a full and no way they share a bed
Old 06-09-2018, 09:25 AM   #10

You might check Race Junk https://www.racingjunk.com/category/...otorhomes.html
Good luck
rescue duct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:40 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We downsized from a 42 E. Winnebago to the 36 Verona and really don’t feel like we lost much(except the second bathroom). You can get a queen instead of the king in the bedroom but the booth fold down is definitely small. We had a 40 ft fleet wood before the winny and that also had the two couches. You are right the two couches is the best setup we had, but we wanted to downsize as we were being shut out of local campsites due to size. And to just go down two feet seemed a waste of money. The Dynamax dx3 can havethe over cab bunk as an option and then with the couch has the two large beds you need. I also believe the Verona le in the 40 ft version has two couches
boba1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:15 PM   #12

valencia

You need to drive the Valencia since extreme tow limit is not needed even though the Valencia has a 12k tow rating.We are new to RV'ing and this forum but not new to driving Super C for a long time since we raced for several years and the large Renegade ,Haulmark and Showhauler were the tow rig of choice.The extra axle can be an issue when turning and tight corners so that was out as far as a more recreational use that we were now going to be doing.

We feel the Valencia has the best ride of the Super C which I believe was the reason for the s2rv chassis.

The power is fine if you drive the rig like it should and that is have input on shift points and dont just put in D and expect to cut a hole in the wind because the shift points are not optimum without input from driver.We just got back from going across Smokies on I40 and rig did great ,the slowest speed was 45 mph in one 3 mile section going west bound other than that the speed limit was not an issue.

The build quality of renegade is top notch and have had zero issues with the coach house and had one issue with air brakes during one outing and freightliner was very nice to work with to get it repaired on the roadside,some companies could learn from them on customer service.

Cannot go wrong with any renegade
copher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:58 AM   #13

"We feel the Valencia has the best ride of the Super C which I believe was the reason for the s2rv chassis."

I would really appreciate hearing a little more information on the ride issues. We have a Classs A diesel pusher now and even with airbags all around the roads out West beat you up.

My only hesitation with the Valencia is that I wish it was a few feet shorter. We are at 32' now and, with the toad, pretty long for the type of country/back road driving we like.

Thanks.
dasadab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:23 AM   #14

dasadab - can you define "beat you up"? I moved from a 33' gas class A to the Valencia. The class A was 100X more exhausting to drive from being pushed around by trucks, the sway back and forth, constantly having to make minor tweaks to steering wheel, etc.

The Valencia really just drives like a big truck. Very little effect when being passed by semis. Tracks very straight. The body is much stiffer and much less swaying back and forth. The Valencia is easier to drive on side roads than my class A ever was.

I'd highly recommend you just go test drive one. We had experience with our gas class A. I took my wife and we drove a diesel pusher and then the Valencia back to back. For us there was no comparison and we're very happy with how it drives.