Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2019, 03:06 PM   #1

North Trails

Somewhere between NH and FL I lost one of my front Renegade Center caps. Stopped into Northtrails RV to get a replacement (could have ordered a non renegade one from Amazon for $4.00). First question was do I have a photo of the cap? Second was did I have the
Vin number? Ofcourse I was in my Jeep and had neither with me. I said you have 20 Veronas sitting out there all with 22.5” Accuride aluminum wheels. I was lectured on how they must look everything up in the computer. I understand how this works but really!? The conversation went south from there and I left wit no cap of course. I called Renegade and they are shipping me a new one. Big dealership for sure but I was not overly impressed.
ragoodspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2019, 07:00 PM   #2

I hate that sort of needless inconvenience.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:03 PM   #3

Location: From California currently traveling this great country.
That's the difference between and good parts man and the rest. Today's counter guy is totally dependent on the computer. Very little if any real experience or knowalage about what they are selling.
poppyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:07 PM   #4

Location: From California currently traveling this great country.
I was in need of a pull handle for my Jayco. Because the "computer" did not show the right one I was asked are you sure it looks like that? Hell yes I am sure it is my rig. Ended up at a small dealer in OKC told the guy what I needed he started looking at the same crap. Lady behind the counter looked at what I brought in "handle off the other tank" and she said yes we have those went in back 2 mins later I was a happy camper. Nothing better then experienced hel
poppyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:28 AM   #5

Best part of the story? "I called Renegade and they are shipping me a new one."
tdeperte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:31 AM   #6

Renegade sent me my first one too. Now I just buy them at freightliner. Tried a few of the cheap ones but most bent before I could even get them on. The freightliner ones don’t say renegade but who looks that close.
netjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeperte View Post
Best part of the story? "I called Renegade and they are shipping me a new one."
Old 02-23-2019, 12:37 PM   #8

We bought our Valencia from North Trail and so far everything has been great. If I have an issue though I call Renegade directly like when the day we were leaving for NY from FL and the entry step quit working... They were extremely helpful in trouble shooting the issue and even sent an entire new step assembly to NY and it arrived the day after we got to our destination!!! We shall see about NT service though when we take it in soon for the few issues that came up on the trip. Leaky leveling jack, Awning went out but wouldn't retract so it's currently zip tied so it wouldn't come open one the trip home, Never was able to get the satellite that we've been paying for to work at all ever and probably do an oil change since it had 1200 miles on it when we got it from shipping and we put another 2600+ miles on it for our trip.