Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2019, 06:43 PM   #1

Renegade Seats.

I have a new Renegade Verona and the seats are ok. Not great but ok. They seem to be pitched toward the front of the cab which I read someone put spacers under the front mounting bolts which Im sure worked. But I guess another problem I have is they do not recline enough.

I had a Dynamax Force HD which had the same type seats (National I think) but had more recline to them. I know when changing seats that mounting brackets for the swivels and matching the seats can be a problem.
Has anyone upgraded their seats to a better more comfortable seat? Keeping the swivels is a must though for sure.

Thanks for any info
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2019, 06:51 AM   #2

We decided to upgrade the factory seats at the time we negotiated the purchase of our Verona. Right or wrong, we chose Flexsteel without seriously considering any other options.

The Flexsteel seats are softer than the factory seats. That's both good and bad. Good in that softer feels a bit better to us; bad in that the extra cushioning adds a bit bulk. As you know, the M2 cab is quite small, so we have found that the bulkier Flexsteel seats make deploying/storing the cab privacy curtain a little harder to do (and it is not what we would call easy, even with the factory seats).

The Flexsteel seats do recline more than the factory seats. However, we find that the extra reclining capability is lost while driving. That's because how far one can recline while facing forward is limited by outer corners of the back wall of the cab (which are left in place presumably to maintain some cab rigidity).

We were basically aware of the cab limitations when we bought our Verona. (If we had deeper pockets, we would have preferred a Volvo/Cascadia - sigh!!!) But we reasoned that the Flexsteel upgraded seats with more reclining capability would be worth the cost when the seats are rotated to the rear. So, we made sure that a rotating base would be used with the Flexsteel seats before writing the big check! As we now understand it, most truck seats can and do use the same base. So, our Flexsteel seats were simply bolted to the Renegade-supplied rotating base.

To date, we've only had a single trip with the new seats (accounting for less than 1000 miles of the 5000 miles we've put on the coach). So, we're still unsure about how much we gained given the cost of the upgrade. FWIW, the factory seats are being safely stored until we fully decide what we think about the new seats. Hope this helps!
Old 10-30-2019, 08:57 AM   #3

I seem to remember a thread from last year on this topic where one post covered the installation of some very high end seats in the cab of their Verona LE.

I’ll see if I can find it.
Renegade RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade RV View Post
I seem to remember a thread from last year on this topic where one post covered the installation of some very high end seats in the cab of their Verona LE.

I tried every search combination I could think of but came up empty.
Renegade RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:02 AM   #5

Quote:
I tried every search combination I could think of but came up empty.
Have you searched the Facebook Renegade Owner's Group? Sorta rings a bell with me as being there also.
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 06:51 PM   #6

Thanks for the responses. I must be really old school, I do not have a facebook account.. LOL and Im only 54..
Old 10-30-2019, 06:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgettinby View Post
We decided to upgrade the factory seats at the time we negotiated the purchase of our Verona. Right or wrong, we chose Flexsteel without seriously considering any other options.

The Flexsteel seats are softer than the factory seats. That's both good and bad. Good in that softer feels a bit better to us; bad in that the extra cushioning adds a bit bulk. As you know, the M2 cab is quite small, so we have found that the bulkier Flexsteel seats make deploying/storing the cab privacy curtain a little harder to do (and it is not what we would call easy, even with the factory seats).

The Flexsteel seats do recline more than the factory seats. However, we find that the extra reclining capability is lost while driving. That's because how far one can recline while facing forward is limited by outer corners of the back wall of the cab (which are left in place presumably to maintain some cab rigidity).

We were basically aware of the cab limitations when we bought our Verona. (If we had deeper pockets, we would have preferred a Volvo/Cascadia - sigh!!!) But we reasoned that the Flexsteel upgraded seats with more reclining capability would be worth the cost when the seats are rotated to the rear. So, we made sure that a rotating base would be used with the Flexsteel seats before writing the big check! As we now understand it, most truck seats can and do use the same base. So, our Flexsteel seats were simply bolted to the Renegade-supplied rotating base.

To date, we've only had a single trip with the new seats (accounting for less than 1000 miles of the 5000 miles we've put on the coach). So, we're still unsure about how much we gained given the cost of the upgrade. FWIW, the factory seats are being safely stored until we fully decide what we think about the new seats. Hope this helps!
I looked at the Flexsteel just now on their website and they look really nice. Do you think you could post a pic of your seats?
Old 10-31-2019, 11:43 AM   #8

well, that was fun trying to get the proper pic orientation . . .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1030.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	265432Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1027.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	230.8 KB
ID:	265430
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1028.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	225.6 KB
ID:	265431  
Old 10-31-2019, 02:18 PM   #9

Quote:

The Renegade M2 seat replacement talk starts at post #104 in this thread http://www.irv2.com/forums/f18/reneg...ers-56873.html
mooseknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgettinby View Post
well, that was fun trying to get the proper pic orientation . . .

Hey thank you for posting the pics. I know how much trouble that can be. Those look really nice.

Attachment 265432Attachment 265430
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
The Renegade M2 seat replacement talk starts at post #104 in this thread http://www.irv2.com/forums/f18/reneg...ers-56873.html
thanks for digging up the thread and finding the post #.. Im sure that took some time also.