Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2019, 06:59 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Showhauler

Anyone with a Showhauler motor coach?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2019, 09:01 AM   #2

I've got a United Specialties, which is built very similar to Showhauler. I know many people that have Showhaulers. I tried to buy a Showhauler when I was shopping but the seller and I couldn't agree on a price. Showhauler makes GREAT rigs.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:23 AM   #3

Saw a video last night featuring a Showhauler. What is their price point? Looks beautiful, but expensive.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:10 AM   #4

Brand new they're not cheap. But, you get what you pay for. And I think they're very competitively priced. You can certainly get a used one for a good deal.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:17 PM   #5

I was surprised. You're right, they are not cheap. But they also aren't ridiculously expensive either. I've seen new 40+ footers in the 450K range. I'd much rather have a $500K 45 foot Showhauler or Renegade than a $2.5M Prevost.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:43 PM   #6

I've had my Truck Conversion for 10 years. I'm a huge proponent of them. Are they for everybody? Nope. Do they have their drawbacks? Yep. But for me, and lots of other people, they are the best platform for a motorhome. I even started a Facebook group devoted to them: https://www.facebook.com/groups/452028681672329/

There a a couple of great forums for Truck Conversions. This being one of them. My group is just trying to expand the exposure to this type of chassis.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:47 PM   #7

My first motorhome was a Allegro gas class A. Had it for 5 years and tons of great trips. But it just wasn't up to what I wanted to be able to do. You'd be amazed at the wide range of prices you'll find on these rigs. There are lots of places to look for them that most "regular" motorhome people don't know about. Mostly because the majority of them aren't found at "regular" campgrounds. They're at racetracks, horse events, dog events, etc....
Old 04-05-2019, 04:56 PM   #8

Lonnie at Showhauler was very gracious with his time and worked with us for months on a design. We had it specked and priced out by multiple Showhauler dealers and we were ready to move forward. At the last moment a 4 month old Renegade showed up on a lot that I could not pass up. If I purchased new, I would have purchased the custom built Showhauler.
mooseknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 04:40 PM   #9

Bob, stop encouraging folks to buy TCs! Lets just keep this to ourselves
Old 04-18-2019, 10:28 AM   #10

ShowHauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46490 View Post
Anyone with a Showhauler motor coach?
Absolutely LOVE our 2018 ShowHauler. We have had it a year now and no major complaints. Really no minor ones either. We retired in October 2018 and have spent the last 6 months in it in the Florida Keys. We will be heading home soon to pack up some warmer clothes to head to Canada and Alaska for the summer. My husband says he would rather drive this than anything else we have ever owned. He was a construction contractor so was very picky about the woodwork and workmanship in RVs and once he saw the ShowHauler he knew that was what he wanted. We decided to go with a 41' build to fit into more parks, etc. but most you see are 45'. www.dirtyacht.com
Karen333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:44 AM   #11

Count me in as Showhauler owner. Bought mine used about 4 years ago, it's a bit older 2005 build. Bit rarer being a KW chassis, but inside is std Showhauler. Mine was built on a new chassis, although Showhauler will build on your used chassis if you already have a truck. Nice thing being older is no DEF/DPF to hassle with. Been happy with it, have done a few upgrades like: converted to res frig, put Corian countertops and tabletop instead of the formica, changed to memory foam mattress. Still want to remove the RV washer/dryer combo, it's too small for any good and it's got a broke pump anyway. Also plan to replace the flooring, but good enough for now. Picture of mine at a rest stop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Toad2.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	245586  
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 01:30 PM   #12

Nice rig! Love the exhaust stack(s). Do you find that it (or they) causes any heat issues inside or clearance issues outside?
Old 05-20-2019, 07:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrel View Post
Nice rig! Love the exhaust stack(s). Do you find that it (or they) causes any heat issues inside or clearance issues outside?

Sorry late for replying. No heat or clearance issues. Can be a little louder exhaust noise if window is down and giving full throttle. But the main engine exhaust is on pass side does make black smoke stains long the side at the top. I actually want to put the exhaust down under the floor with exit probably before the rear tires. Issue is the basement storage boxes and figuring out where to exit.

Could also just extend it up higher, that would solve my staining problem. Need to decide what I want to do.

Driver's side looks the same, but is just the generator exhaust so it does not have the staining issue as engine exhaust does.
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:40 PM   #14

I might literally be willing to trade a kidney for this:

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...106-5007227680