Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2020, 01:54 PM   #1

SunPro Windshield Cover

I put mine on today for the second time since owning it. This time I did it with the hood closed and did not get any grease on me from the rubber bumpers. It helps to have a long dowel with rubber tips to poke and push. It is not a one person job. Such a PITA. It is pretty hot today in Cherry Hill Park and we will be here five days. I hope it stretches a little.

There are a lot of posts here that address the SunPro but they were too old to allow me to post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SunPro.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	418.9 KB
ID:	292504  
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2020, 02:00 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
I had SunPro screens on our Itasca for almost five years and they worked very well. I can see where yours would be harder to install with the hood in the way. You do have to pull the wrinkles out of any of them, even our new MagneShade. The screen does make a huge difference in heat transfer.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 04:15 PM   #3

I have one of these screens for my Valencia and I can do it myself without a stick. I start with one door corner, put the "ear" around the upper mirror mount, then close the door and climb back up on the steps. Throw the rest of the material across the windshield and walk around to the other side. Climb up on the steps and pull the material around. Put the other ear over the other mirror but don't attach the velcro. Now is where the struggle happens. Maybe mine was manufactured a little too small but it is a pain to get the second door pocket to reach over the top corner. I have to pull hard on the fabric to stretch it tight across the windshield, then have the second door mostly closed to get it to fit on. Then close the door, fish out the windshield wipers, and adjust the stretch marks and attach the second mirror ear's velcro.

Writing this down made me realize that I should try getting the windshield wipers out before final stretch; maybe that will make it easier. I know that trying to lift them out of the way first makes it harder since the material snags on them easier.

I'll admit it isn't a 60-second walk in the park, but I can do it by myself without the material touching the ground.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumline View Post
I'll admit it isn't a 60-second walk in the park, but I can do it by myself without the material touching the ground.
The Verona is 4" higher than your Valencia. That makes a world of difference in putting it on. It is a high wire act with steps and stools.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:30 AM   #5

Just received my SunPro for my M2-106 this week. I will install it today to see fitment and any issues.
SSTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 07:25 PM   #6
UAV

Just received my SunPro today for the 2021 Valencia I pick up this Tuesday.

Will be interesting to give her a shot and will report back.
UAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:23 AM   #7

Well... I got to agree it's a PIA to install, until "I" figured it out.
1-Place fabric along from front window resting above windshield wipers. Hood closed.
2-Slightly open both cab doors.
3-Climb on side steps and slip corner tabs over door edge (still leave door slightly open)
4-Repeat other side.
5-Close doors slowly.
6-Adjust around side mirror frames/Velcro.
7-Pull bottom corners magnets for final fit.

I think when the fabric stretches it should become easier.

So far very satisfied.
SSTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 05:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTuner View Post
1-Place fabric along from front window resting above windshield wipers. Hood closed.
Mine came with two windshield wiper sleeves made with the same fabric as the cover so I figured the cover should go under the wipers. I can see that putting it on top of them would be easier. I'll try that next time, but I am sort of apprehensive about mashing the wiper blades under the super tight cover.
Old 07-13-2020, 05:32 AM   #9

I use the wiper sleeves and place the windshield cover under the wipers. As tight as it fits, I can’t imagine putting the cover over the wiper blades.
Renegade RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 05:10 AM   #10

I find mine getting easier as it stretches with age, the other thing is I am no longer concerned with tearing it. We install ours as a team one in one out.

1. Hood closed
2. Put Velcro straps around one mirror loosely (wife from inside)
3. Pull cover around and over hood (me from outside)
4. Connect other Velcro strap loosely around mirror. (wife from inside)
5. Open each door one at a time and put over corner of door. I do this from
inside reaching through window laying hand flat against outside of door
and pushing cover over top corner of door with finger tips. (me inside)
6. Go around outside and adjust Velcro, put hood up and put on wiper
sleeves, put hood down. Plus I use little wiper stand offs I made to keep
pressure off wiper blades while parked.

To not get dirty i place one foot on inside of bumper and as I step up I put other foot on brake can. Never get greasy or dirty, but I do all my own maintenance and always wipe excess grease off all fittings.

Just my procedure and .02 I am going to try the two door method that SStuner mentioned.
twc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 08:07 PM   #11
UAV

I don't know....maybe I got a better fitting one for some reason.

For my S2RV Renegade I put on my SunPro in about five minutes, first time, great fit, no issues and all by myself.

Not too tight and fit over the corners of both doors nice and easy. Undid the velcro and reattached around the two rearview/side mirrors in a jiffy.

I love it...Immediately cooled down the cab and made us innocuous to those on the outside.

Too early to see how she holds up long term but so far so good.

Extremely pleased with the purchase without question.
UAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 09:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonLC View Post
The Verona is 4" higher than your Valencia. That makes a world of difference in putting it on. It is a high wire act with steps and stools.
What I said.

Tags
cover, wind, windshield