Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2008, 07:31 AM   #1

Rick and I are coming out of boating and have been researching the rvs. My question to anyone is, after seeing and driving the two mentioned, and seeing the quality, looks, etc, why would anyone pay the same price for a class a? They don't seem as good. Are we missing something? Are the truck conversions not acceptable at campgrounds? Are they too big? What is the deal? We are getting a custom Pony Express with a 9 foot two layered garage for stuff. Are we wrong? Can anyone give advice? Please email me or go on forum asap.

Jane
Jaynee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2008, 07:31 AM   #2

Rick and I are coming out of boating and have been researching the rvs. My question to anyone is, after seeing and driving the two mentioned, and seeing the quality, looks, etc, why would anyone pay the same price for a class a? They don't seem as good. Are we missing something? Are the truck conversions not acceptable at campgrounds? Are they too big? What is the deal? We are getting a custom Pony Express with a 9 foot two layered garage for stuff. Are we wrong? Can anyone give advice? Please email me or go on forum asap.

Jane
Old 04-28-2008, 08:42 AM   #3

Official iRV2 Sponsor

It all depends on how your going to use it. If you plan to run major road miles, don't mind the lose of interior space with the cab and front engine, dont mind the engine noise & rougher ride, usually darker interior with less window light, a conversion probably would be the way to go. Specially with the garage setup you are getting.

Having owned 2 and now a pusher, I am not sure I would go back. The living in my pusher is far better than my conversions ever where. My first conversion with airride front and back rode awesome and I would say as good as my pusher, but my second conversion without airride beat me up.

If you can spec it with front airride do it! Also add as many big windows as possible, definetly one of my mistakes.

Are we talking a Silver Crown or Pony Express unit? Which chassis are you going with?
Old 04-28-2008, 09:55 AM   #4

pony express with well, rick likes the volvo but maybe freighliner....any input?

Jane
Old 04-28-2008, 10:18 AM   #5

Also can anyone give me a comparison of pony express and renegade, per the walls etc.

Jane
Old 04-28-2008, 11:55 AM   #6

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Love the look of the Volvo, they where having tons of electrical issues about a year or so ago when they changed to the new design, but I haven't heard much since then.

I know Renegade is using FRP which acts as the structure & wall. I know the rigs are heavy and as long as all of the edges are sealed from moisture it should last forever. I have not heard much feedback as to how well Renegades hold up. They definetly are one of the first and biggest conversion companies, with more rigs out there than any of the others.

I have checked out the Silver Crown units at the RVIA show and really like the interior design, really well thoughout.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:31 PM   #7

You said you had two conversions. Which ones? Which conversions have air ride in front?

Jane
Old 04-29-2008, 12:16 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We just did a tour of the Silver Crown Coach/Pony Xpress plant in White Pigeon this past Friday and they are much more refined than Renegade. My favorite was the Pony Epress 2800 "Elite" w/3 slides on the Freightliner M2 chassis. Bagman57
Bagman57 is offline   Reply With Quote