Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2018, 02:10 PM   #1

What is it like underway in the back?

We are considering moving from a Newmar DP to a Renegade or Showhauler 40-45 FT. I'm reading up on the Super-C models and am interested to know what the ride is like in the house part of the coach while driving. In our DP the air suspension does a pretty good job of keeping things smooth enough that my wife is comfortable moving around the RV, using the kitchen, bathroom, etc. We have a couple of older dogs that also move from spot to spot while driving. What is it like in a Super C?
Gonna_Wander is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2018, 02:37 PM   #2

Having had several A’s and now a Verona
I would say the ride in the back is similar
I have not had any A with dual axles
or a very sofisticated air suspension
so if that is what you want to compare
to I would say you will find the Renegade
firm to say the least! Hope this helps?
ragoodspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 05:02 PM   #3

I am always driving so I do not know first hand. I can tell you we leave our coffee maker and coffee grinder on the counter and it has never moved as far as I know. I have also left bottled water on the stand next to to bed and guess what, it says in place too. I haul dogs in the back garage and they have not complained yet.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:18 PM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

We got back into rv'ing a year ago, with the purchase of the coach in our signature... Back in 2007, '08 and '09 I owned a 2007 Newmar Essex and an '08 London Aire. Back then I had youngsters, a dog and the wife at the time and now I have older kids and grand guys when they're along, but we have a small Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.... Like Ed, we have a coffee maker on the counter that has never moved and even with the slides in, the little furry fella makes his way around the coach...

We keep our body wash and shampoo in a suction cup basket that sits on the shower seat and it's never gotten the urge to pop off and hit the floor.

Only thing I've noticed that disappears is fuel and I've found, at least in my Verona LE, there's a distinct curve right around 70 mph. If I stay just under 70, I can watch the scan gauge and fuel mpg improves, but once I push it over 70 the siphoning begins.

One other personal edit.... Having come from a "four slide" DP we are now entertaining the move to a 45 foot Renegade XL, as we "miss" the second bedroom slide... Believe me, it's a personal thing for me, as the bestie says she'd be fine with the current rig....And if there wasn't a four slide option, this rig is certainly plenty of rig.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 05:37 PM   #5

In a panic stop, it doesn’t matter. Anyone back there will be up front, in your lap. At best.
RiverBurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:12 AM   #6

The ride is good. Our family of six carries on watching movies, using the facilities, preparing meals (microwave/toaster oven only), sleeping, etc. I don't allow anyone to use the shower while we are underway.

I lost a favorite coffee maker to an underestimated frost heave in the Yukon. Other than that, nothing requires any special securing. As mentioned in a previous post, toiletries remain in holders, pots pans dishes stay where you put them, etc.

I do reserve the right to "turn on the fasten seatbelt light" if we are in heavy traffic.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:48 AM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrel View Post
The ride is good. Our family of six carries on watching movies, using the facilities, preparing meals (microwave/toaster oven only), sleeping, etc. I don't allow anyone to use the shower while we are underway.

I lost a favorite coffee maker to an underestimated frost heave in the Yukon. Other than that, nothing requires any special securing. As mentioned in a previous post, toiletries remain in holders, pots pans dishes stay where you put them, etc.

I do reserve the right to "turn on the fasten seatbelt light" if we are in heavy traffic.
Yikes.... don't drop the soap!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 07:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsbeach View Post
Yikes.... don't drop the soap!!
Yeah. My children grew up offshore fishing. Sometimes they get a little too comfortable in the coach.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna_Wander View Post
We are considering moving from a Newmar DP to a Renegade or Showhauler 40-45 FT. I'm reading up on the Super-C models and am interested to know what the ride is like in the house part of the coach while driving. In our DP the air suspension does a pretty good job of keeping things smooth enough that my wife is comfortable moving around the RV, using the kitchen, bathroom, etc. We have a couple of older dogs that also move from spot to spot while driving. What is it like in a Super C?
I've never had a Class A but having just gotten a Verona LE in October, I can say the ride is very good. Things seem to stay in place pretty well, very little vibration, and it handles bumps and railroad tracks easily.
Aggie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrel View Post
Yeah. My children grew up offshore fishing. Sometimes they get a little too comfortable in the coach.

As kid that grew up offshore, I can relate to that.
cment is offline   Reply With Quote