RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > MDT Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-30-2020, 10:31 AM   #1

Super C cost?

We recently sold our Tiffin 33AA and are considering a Super C. Due to issues with my hands I can no longer drive for very long. My wife test drove a Senica and loved driving it. She was never comfortable driving our previous two class A's. Thus, a Super C is in our future. We like the Entergra Accolade but at 13.4 feet tall it won't fit in our 13.4 RV garage. We have read good reviews of the Renegade line of Super C's and are interested in either the Valencia or the Verona. Any comments or suggestions about either would be appreciated.

However, what I'm really having problems with is the pricing of the coaches. Normally, on a class A pusher 25-30% off MSRP is a realistic purchase price. It seems from looking at dealer prices on line for Renegade's, 10% off is what a dealer thinks is a good sale price. Are Super C's just discounted less? We live in the Dallas/FT. Worth area. Any guidance you could offer would again be appreciated.

Thanks,
RJ

RJEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2020, 05:30 PM   #2

We love the Super C's for their superior build and normally heavy duty chassis. They are very stable on the road but, less maneuverable in tight situations. Other than that, we can't think of a down side.
Now, on price, you get what you pay for. I would stay away from the low end versions, they are built just as cheaply as the low end A's. We have owned (2) of them, bought the first one from an individual and the second from a dealer. Both were one owner, garage kept and higher end brands. We paid about 1/3 of new. The first was 5 years old with 14,000 miles. Of course we did some upgrades but never had any major issues in 5 years of ownership. We bought the second 1 1/2 years ago. Only reason for the purchase was so we could travel with a total of 7. We have made the normal upgrades, tires, TV's, sound system, sat and OTA. The coach had 30,000 miles when we got it, looks and drives just like new. We paid less than 1/3 of new leaving us with plenty for upgrades and any repairs.
No mater if you buy new or used, there should be some fantastic deals given the current situation.

bhammond1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 05:45 PM   #3

Thanks for the information. Do you have a manufacturer you could recommend? Renegade is on the top of our list. Probably the Verona but maybe the Valencia.
Thanks again.
Robert
Old 04-30-2020, 08:31 PM   #4

I have always admired the Renegade brand however, some of their new lower cost versions are not built to the quality they used to have. Since you are already a motorhome owner you probably know what to look for.
Used brands that I like: Showhauler, Optima, Pre 2010 Dynamax, Renegade and NRC.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:59 PM   #5

Thanks. We liked the Dynamax but since Forest River’s takeover quality has gone way down. We’re going to try and stay with 2018 or later. Maybe the Verona would be a better choice than the Valencia. Anyway I believe a Super C will be better handling than our previous class A. Thanks again.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:58 AM   #6

We are very happy with our Renegade. I would bet that some dealers will "deal" in this economy. As far as where to buy if I were to start over my choice would be IWS in Mt. Home, ID. They usually have several in stock. After the sale service is very important as you will find out. IWS treated us like royalty when we went there for some work. We bought new at North Trail in Ft. Myers. The sales part of the deal was very satisfactory but the warranty service hassle was a miserable experience. I will never darken their door again for any thing.

A late model Verona or Valencia should not be too hard to find and I would not be afraid of it. They are well built units and drive like they are on rails.

Most of the Renegade conversation is two bumps above this forum in Truck Conversions.
2004 Blue Bird M380 (sold)
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 12:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammond1980 View Post
I have always admired the Renegade brand however, some of their new lower cost versions are not built to the quality they used to have.
I assume you are alluding to the Valencia. Could you please expand on the lower quality issues that you saw? I'm considering a Valencia so whatever you have to say I'd appreciate.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:59 AM   #8

Remember this is just my opinion.
Valencia, first impression when you walk on board is that it is nicely appointed and very spacious. The outside looks nice and seems well done.
Digging to the bones, the chassis is light for the load, 31,000 GVW. The engine is on the small side and will most likely struggle in mountains or towing a significant load. I do like the tank sizes, 100 fuel, 150 water and 75 black and grey = 3,200lbs if full would really limit your useful load.
Where they saved money, furniture, floor and wall coverings, heating system, water heating and other woodwork. Don't be fooled by entertainment systems, this stuff is cheap nowdays.
I think the Valencia would be great for the occasional weekend use but I think it would frustrate a full timer quickly.
We had a similar size and powered (Dynamax Grand Sport 380) and our experience drove us to the current coach.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:14 PM   #9

Seems like your close enough to MHSRV to check their pricing and models. No Renegade models though.
wjohnson913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 04:30 AM   #10

Wasn't impressed by MHSRV when I went to look at units.. True, they dont have Renegade, and what they do have almost seems to be "B" stock.. Fit and finish on three Dynamax's we went through was not good at all.

We will gladly drive to Idaho for superior service and support.

jomi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote