Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > MDT Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-19-2020, 01:16 PM   #1

Super C w/out Slides...Custom MDT only option?

I've been RVing around with the family this year, and wife and I have been talking about getting a more permanent solution to our 2005 Fleetwood Tioga once prices correct. I don't like driving around on an overloaded truck chassis, and I'd like to be in an underloaded MDT.

But I can't find a Super C that's 28' or less, or one that doesn't have slide-outs.
Does such a thing exist, or is my only option a box-truck conversion or something similar?
Filthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2020, 09:42 PM   #2

You might want to look at older Dynamax models. They built some really nice mid 20 footers in 05-08. I don't know if they were built without any slides but I have seen them with only 1. Chassis is the Freightliner M2. There is a 05 320ST Dynaquest listed on rvtrader.com.
bhammond1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammond1980 View Post
You might want to look at older Dynamax models. They built some really nice mid 20 footers in 05-08. I don't know if they were built without any slides but I have seen them with only 1. Chassis is the Freightliner M2. There is a 05 320ST Dynaquest listed on rvtrader.com.
I was just looking at those this weekend, including this one
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...EST-5012854836

unfortunately, it looks like nobody makes one without slides. I read a press release from Dynamax where they said they heard the consumer call for a compact Super C, so they're releasing a 31' Europa...

Good news is that M2 and other MDTs are pretty reasonable. Is that something that people do? I see a lot of box truck conversions, that seems like a lot of hassle. I was thinking more of getting a salvage Class C and putting the house on an MDT chassis.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
I was just looking at those this weekend, including this one
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...EST-5012854836

unfortunately, it looks like nobody makes one without slides. I read a press release from Dynamax where they said they heard the consumer call for a compact Super C, so they're releasing a 31' Europa...

Good news is that M2 and other MDTs are pretty reasonable. Is that something that people do? I see a lot of box truck conversions, that seems like a lot of hassle. I was thinking more of getting a salvage Class C and putting the house on an MDT chassis.
We were in western Colorado a couple weeks ago and I had a guy with a Class 8 semi with a Airstream trailer mounted on it pass us. Sounds ugly, but it wasn't. Wish I had a picture to send. Imagine, chrome stacks and that beautiful polished airstream mounted in between. Looked like the truck was an older Pete.
NRC will build a house on your truck if you wanted that approach.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammond1980 View Post
We were in western Colorado a couple weeks ago and I had a guy with a Class 8 semi with a Airstream trailer mounted on it pass us. Sounds ugly, but it wasn't. Wish I had a picture to send. Imagine, chrome stacks and that beautiful polished airstream mounted in between. Looked like the truck was an older Pete.
NRC will build a house on your truck if you wanted that approach.
i saw one where a guy had put a trailer on a Pete, wasn't a look I was going for...but it wasn't an Airstream. I can see putting a trailer on the back of a Hotshot cab, that'd look clean.

Who is NRC?
Old 10-27-2020, 08:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
i saw one where a guy had put a trailer on a Pete, wasn't a look I was going for...but it wasn't an Airstream. I can see putting a trailer on the back of a Hotshot cab, that'd look clean.

Who is NRC?
NRC Modifications in Middlebury, Indiana

www.nrcmod.com
Old 11-24-2020, 07:27 AM   #7

Look at renedage or haulmark they make them without slides. amd there built to tow
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide