Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Bus Conversions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2015, 02:52 PM   #1

Might this bus be a good deal at this price?

I found the following ad on rvtrader at 1977 MCI Mc9 , Carpinteria CA - - RVtrader.com. I would like to know what some more knowledgeable people thin about it. The missing stairs seems strange. Other than that, it sounds too good to be true, unless I am missing something.

1977 Mci Mc9 , 1977 MCI Bus conversion done in late 1980's by Montana Coach Conversions. Rebuilt Turbocharged (TAB) Detroit 8V71; 370 hsp HT 740 Allison transmission with Ross integral power steering.King cruise control, Bennett Electric shifter and Williams Air throttle. Auxilary 24 volt air compressor. Roof raised 6". Stainless panels, thermopane windows, tow hitch. Quadra hydraulic leveling system. Urethane foam insulation, walls, ceilings and floor. Solid oak cabinets and trim. Washer-dryer, 2 gas burner stove and Microwave/confection oven. Central vacuum, Corian countertops, dinning table, shower and lavatory tops. Hard copper water lines, drainable, no anti freeze needed. 2-13500 Btu roof air conditioners. Queen island bed, cedar lined closets. Webastco diesel boiler, Wrico Kubota 8000 watt gererator. The Williams air throttle needs to be repaired and the stars up to the inside are missing. ( See the last photo) This was my deceased brothers bus. It is located in Auburn AL. I live in California. I have someone in Auburn to show the bus and a bank that will handle the transaction. $15,000.00

Thank you for any feedback.
Kent65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2015, 03:03 PM   #2

if I had to bust out a crystal ball and do a reading on this here is what I would get... guys is selling it for deceased brother who does not live in same town as him. Brother had long term illness and then passed away. Bus has been sitting for YEARS without being started or driven. Everything is rusted, tires are probably shot. I would be very weary of that bus.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:07 PM   #3

Here is what I think.
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2015, 03:23 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club

FunGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:09 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Probably not to good to be true, but may be worth looking at if you can get there without to much trouble. It does need to be refurbished judging from the wear on the seats and carpets. You will also need to have the time and money to put into it, I think you could also sink $25K to $50K pretty easy. Something else to consider is that there are probably no plumbing or wiring diagrams and that could drive you crazy.
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote