RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Bus Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-17-2020, 03:08 AM   #43

Nor'easters Club
Newmar vs. Prevost

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpecks View Post
Iím headed in the Prevost direction. Would greatly appreciate any advice on what to look for in terms of inspection etc.

kpecks-
You need to join the Prevost Community forum. This will be (IMHO) your best source of information regarding things to inspect, consider, be wary of etc. very helpful site. But you have to join.
When I was considering my Ď08 Marathon XLII Prevost, this is where I went and the information I received there was invaluable. Even though I recently bought a Ď20 London Aire, I still belong and still learn from the members there. -Ron

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2020, 06:35 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRon View Post
kpecks-
You need to join the Prevost Community forum. This will be (IMHO) your best source of information regarding things to inspect, consider, be wary of etc. very helpful site. But you have to join.
When I was considering my Ď08 Marathon XLII Prevost, this is where I went and the information I received there was invaluable. Even though I recently bought a Ď20 London Aire, I still belong and still learn from the members there. -Ron

Thanks so much! Sent you a pm
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:54 AM   #45

Andrew Steele

Check out Andrew Steele on Youtube. He has tons of videos on Prevost. He does do consulting for Prevost buyers for a fee.

https://www.facebook.com/andrew.steele.121

2018 Newmar Bay Star 3401
debordj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 07:03 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by debordj View Post
Check out Andrew Steele on Youtube. He has tons of videos on Prevost. He does do consulting for Prevost buyers for a fee.

https://www.facebook.com/andrew.steele.121
With all due respect to Andrew Steele, he is absolutely not a Prevost expert by any means.

I enjoy watching his video's but he is just an interviewer. The Pro's are at the Prevost Community website.

Safe Travels,
Mark
Old 10-17-2020, 10:15 AM   #47

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mark View Post

The Pro's are at the Prevost Community website.

Amen.

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM   #48

kpecks-
Gil Johnson does Prevost inspections he is in Florida.
You can find him at the Prevost Owners Group.
Reasonable prices.
lre01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM   #49

Well this was a fun thread for dreaming.
noserider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM   #50

Andrewszteele is just a guy cashing in on the rv craze. He really does not know much about rv"s. Hiring him would be a waste of money. I was considering a used Marathon and spoke with him at length. A true professional. Postersshould be aware that Prevost does not do conversions. They build the raw bus. There are not many convertors but Narathon and Liberty are2 of the best. A tour of the Marathon facility will answer any questions you may have. You will quickly understand why they are expensive. Bluebirds are not conversion buses. They are a factory motorhome We own a 1988 pt38. Our second Bird. They are amazing. Ours is a classic unit. There are many Birds for sale from the late 90' s or early 2000's. They are a true bargain. No Newmar or other plastic unit can compare to a Bird or a Prevost. We also own an 08 Dynasty. A nice unit and although we love it there is no comparison to the build quality of a Bluebird or Prevost.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
Andrewszteele is just a guy cashing in on the rv craze. He really does not know much about rv"s. Hiring him would be a waste of money. I was considering a used Marathon and spoke with him at length. A true professional. Postersshould be aware that Prevost does not do conversions. They build the raw bus. There are not many convertors but Narathon and Liberty are2 of the best. A tour of the Marathon facility will answer any questions you may have. You will quickly understand why they are expensive. Bluebirds are not conversion buses. They are a factory motorhome We own a 1988 pt38. Our second Bird. They are amazing. Ours is a classic unit. There are many Birds for sale from the late 90' s or early 2000's. They are a true bargain. No Newmar or other plastic unit can compare to a Bird or a Prevost. We also own an 08 Dynasty. A nice unit and although we love it there is no comparison to the build quality of a Bluebird or Prevost.

Iíd be buying a marathon 06-09. They have two floor plans suitable for midship bunks. Signed up for the Facebook group! Thx everyone
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar