Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Bus Conversions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2018, 08:25 AM   #1

Prevost Conversions

we have been looking at various Older Motohome options. The safety, ride, and durability of Prevost has a lot of appeal, but we have not seen a single Prevost conversion we like.

we are looking in the 1998 - 2008 range (we want slides, no DEF, preferably a Detroit Series 60). Two of the main things we cannot find in a Prevost conversion are windows that open; and wood cabinetry furniture and trim (no laminates and very little plastics, chrome, mirrors). Prevost converters seem to be obsessed with laminates and with mirrors. We are looking for a cozy comfortable homey feeling not bling/glitz hotel type decor.

Does anyone know of a converter who used wood and windows that open? So far I found one Liberty with wood, out of about 60 Used Prevosts I looked at. A lot of them have wood look laminate over wood but we want simply wood - no laminates at all.
Coldjensens is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2018, 09:13 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I would call Texas Custom Coach and discuss your project. (888) 761-4225
10498 South State Highway 16 S
Pipe Creek, TX 78063
Let me know how it goes. I forgot the web site http://texascustomcoach.com/
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:37 AM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Prevost Conversions

Look @ Marathon in those years.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2901.JPG
Views:	471
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	228991
The interior sold us. There’s always going to be a certain amount of bling, but ours was minimal. - Ron
Ps ours in an ‘08.
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 07:21 AM   #4

Coldjensens,

Monaco and Country Coach converted Prevost chassis's during the mid to late '90's to 2007, I think. Those are sought after because of the simplicity although they will need some electronic's updating.

We have a walnut veneer/zebra wood cabinets with a foam core for weight savings (2,500 lbs.). I did love the solid wood cabinets in our '08 Dynasty.

Prevosts coaches are heavy and need to save weight where they can, especially when slides were introduced. We have solid wood moldings and doors.

You can find a good selection for sale at www.prevostcommunity.com as they have both in their 'coaches for sale section'. You might have to sign up to see them but it's free.

Good luck on your search!
Mark

PS. RVRon, that is a beautiful interior!
Mr.Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:29 PM   #5

Sliding windows in prevost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
we have been looking at various Older Motohome options. The safety, ride, and durability of Prevost has a lot of appeal, but we have not seen a single Prevost conversion we like.

we are looking in the 1998 - 2008 range (we want slides, no DEF, preferably a Detroit Series 60). Two of the main things we cannot find in a Prevost conversion are windows that open; and wood cabinetry furniture and trim (no laminates and very little plastics, chrome, mirrors). Prevost converters seem to be obsessed with laminates and with mirrors. We are looking for a cozy comfortable homey feeling not bling/glitz hotel type decor.

Does anyone know of a converter who used wood and windows that open? So far I found one Liberty with wood, out of about 60 Used Prevosts I looked at. A lot of them have wood look laminate over wood but we want simply wood - no laminates at all.

If you’re looking at a Le Mirage Prevost then they make a half window which is a slide window or actually a window that pops out a little bit the older model Prevost marathon which looks a little bit like an MCI they make a slight window for just like they do on the MC-9‘s. It’s far as wood cabinetry there are companies that do real wood. Obviously it’s going to be more expensive but there are a number of companies that will do custom cabinetry for you once you get the basic designs with them. Especially now with all the kid computer designs it’s much easier for them to fabricate and do what you’re looking for.

Anything before 2007 is Not going to use DEF and it will be relatively easy to find a series 60 with the Nelson world transmission and that’s probably your best combination. Make sure you have a good route retarder or Jake break with it. Try to get something with the larger fuel tanks on board and you should be fine. You have to really look carefully unless you want to just buy at somebody’s coach and convert it. You could also go for the H series, not going to use DEF and it will be relatively easy to find a series 60 with a Nelson world transmission and that’s probably your best combination. Make sure you have a good route retarder or Jake break with it. Try to get something with the larger fuel tanks on board and you should be fine. You have to really look carefully unless you want to just buy it somebody’s coach and convert it. You could also go for the H series H3-40 or H3-45 The H series is a bit newer and it’s pretty much what most of the newer coaches are coming in like but it’s also a slightly higher coach. Personally I like the Le Mirage better in terms of current ratio and handling it also fits underneath more clearance places bridges tunnels etc. The only thing about the LeMirage is that they tend to get a little bit hotter and not as good on the air-conditioning for some reason because of the glass
miowname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:59 PM   #6

Nor'easters Club
The LeMirage (XLII) has more headroom, more inside storage but less basement storage. Plus you get to sit at the same level as your significant other while you drive on an XLII. My 08 series 60 has no DEF requirement. I also have 4 rooftop a/c units and really have no issue cooling.

Old 02-04-2019, 12:59 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Well as the OP hasn't bothered to respond back I don't think it matters.
Bill
Old 02-04-2019, 01:43 PM   #8

Nor'easters Club
You’re most likely correct, Bill.

Old 02-09-2019, 09:37 PM   #9

Thank you for you replied. They are helpful. I do not get that much time to spend in irv2 so I mostly read it on my email. We have not seen a Monaco prevost conversion yet, some of the marathon ones are nice if they are onldrr. Maybe the best option is to find one with damage inside and gut it a d redo it. Has anyone here do e that ??
Coldjensens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Thank you for you replied. They are helpful. I do not get that much time to spend in irv2 so I mostly read it on my email. We have not seen a Monaco prevost conversion yet, some of the marathon ones are nice if they are onldrr. Maybe the best option is to find one with damage inside and gut it a d redo it. Has anyone here do e that ??
Newell?
Old 02-10-2019, 07:11 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
I have a 97 Liberty-the windows fold out
Look at Prevost Royale - they use wood
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:28 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Royal, although not still in production, generally used wood extensively and, in my opinion, have the cozy comfortable homey feeling. Windows are going to be a product of the chassis, XL, XLII or H3 series, all are big, but the chassis is built for profession bus carriers so large viewing is the norm, but large openings will not be. Good luck. As said somewhere earlier, Prevost Community is an excellent source of information. If you are in the area, there is a Prevost Expo starting tomorrow in West Palm Beach and running for 4 days. I'm looking forward myself in attending...
Old 02-10-2019, 10:35 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Well it is obvious you are just talk. You didn't read and follow the directions I posted or others.
Bill
Old 02-10-2019, 10:50 AM   #14

Here is a Prevost Shell ready for retrofit to whatever buyer wants

2008 40 Ft. Prevost Shell # 49316

Agreed on the preferences for less glitz, more "simplistic" wood work
KenZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote