Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > HDT Conversions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #1

Made it Over Here

Hi Gang,

Henry invited me over here, FYI this is Brianwl from Escapees and NuWa.

While Henry has his "wonderbed" I have the CF bed/deck. If you don't know what CF means, pm me.

I'll be giving much more details on the bed/deck issue and truck in general in the future.
VetRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #2

Brian, a CF bed/deck, hmmm.
Remember Martin Lawrence and Will Smith in Bad Boys 1 and 2.
"woosah, woosah".

hjs
hjsdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:54 AM   #3

Glad you made it.
lappir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #4

I like it here. Glad you're here too, Brian.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #5

Brian - Haven't seen pics of your bed project. Ours is progressing. We got the generator platform installed last weekend. It mounts behind the cab over the hood of the Mini and holds a Generac EcoGen 6K and a Stellar EC2000 crane (not installed yet) We went with this EcoGen for two reasons, 1/3 the cost of diesel "RV" gensets and 52 db noise level @ 7 meters (that's Honda suitcase generator quiet). The crane is to lift stuff on and off the deck. Hey, the platform is actually painted something other than primer gray. I will get some pics out here soon. Next project - boxes behind the rear axle. Any good sources for doors? I am thinking of a 4 link setup like the baggage doors on a Grayhound bus so they won't be in my way or rack my shins when they are open.
Mastercraft_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #6

Mastercraft, what about roll up aluminum doors like fire engines have? Seems to me somebody built a bed not too long ago with some of those.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #7

Doors like these?
Roll-Up Doors for Fire and Tow Trucks, Emergency Service Vehicles
Maybe.....I bet they are big $.

I saw some really interesting cargo doors on a belly box on a news truck or concert roady truck ....it must have been a 4 link but the latch was this cam action lever that you pull down on and it sucks the door into the seal perpendicular to the opening.
Mastercraft_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #8

Mastercraft,

I haven't posted any pics of the CF deck because of the CF part and the fact its been that way from the start. The builder has refused any input from me nor will they involve me in the work.

After more than a year, I took my truck back last Friday and may end up walking away from a whole lot of $$ invested in it. I do have a good operational APU which will come in handy when I finally get back on the road.

If you decide to hit the salvage yards around Tucson or Phoenix (if you're still in the Tucson area), let me know, I'd be happy to join you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraft_ View Post
Brian - Haven't seen pics of your bed project. Ours is progressing. We got the generator platform installed last weekend. It mounts behind the cab over the hood of the Mini and holds a Generac EcoGen 6K and a Stellar EC2000 crane (not installed yet) We went with this EcoGen for two reasons, 1/3 the cost of diesel "RV" gensets and 52 db noise level @ 7 meters (that's Honda suitcase generator quiet). The crane is to lift stuff on and off the deck. Hey, the platform is actually painted something other than primer gray. I will get some pics out here soon. Next project - boxes behind the rear axle. Any good sources for doors? I am thinking of a 4 link setup like the baggage doors on a Grayhound bus so they won't be in my way or rack my shins when they are open.
VetRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #9

Matercraft, JW installed few of these on his last truck "re-build" and he fore-swore ever using these again, unless he gets unlimited "installation budget" to do it. He described his "travails" in one of the older posts.

hjs
hjsdds is offline   Reply With Quote