Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2006, 03:55 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Even though the original post for the damper clip did not include 05-06 W20 chassis, I suspected that it may be an oversight by Workhorse. Well, I received the Recall notice and clip in the mail today, so it's going in Monday. If you have a W20 built in 05 or 06 you should check with WH, better safe than sorry

06 Holiday Rambler W20
HD tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2006, 03:55 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Even though the original post for the damper clip did not include 05-06 W20 chassis, I suspected that it may be an oversight by Workhorse. Well, I received the Recall notice and clip in the mail today, so it's going in Monday. If you have a W20 built in 05 or 06 you should check with WH, better safe than sorry

06 Holiday Rambler W20
Old 11-01-2006, 04:08 PM   #3

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you have a W20 built in 05 or 06 you should check with WH, better safe than sorry </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another good way to "check with Workhorse" is to register your chassis at "MY WORKHORSE" on the website: www.workhorse.com. That way you will see all sorts of information about YOUR chassis. IF there are any recalls applicable to YOURS, they will show as "Open campaigns" and any which have already been handled will show as "Completed campaigns" ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:51 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HD tech:
Even though the original post for the damper clip did not include 05-06 W20 chassis, I suspected that it may be an oversight by Workhorse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think it was a typo on the part of whomever released the recall text. Any model from 04 through 06 that has an 8.1L engine needs to be inspected for a suspect rail clip.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:58 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
ED, while I agree that registering with WH is a great idea it isn't the final answer. "My Workhorse" does not currently list the campaign as being needed for my MH. Also the last recall I had done by WH took nearly 5 months to show as 'completed' on the site .
Ray

06 Holiday Rambler W20
Old 11-01-2006, 05:35 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Ray, maybe WH is getting better at showing completed campaigns. I had my clip installed last Tuesday, just now checked and it shows completed.
Pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The time it takes to show campaign completed may depend on your service center. My campaign cleared three days after the work was done.
If it takes a long time to clear, I'd call the service center to see if they sent in the reports, and call Workhorse to find out why it's taking so long.

Those 3 rigs with the Workhorse logos on the sides --- The Three Musketeers ???
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:28 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">it isn't the final answer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HD Tech: Just to be clear, I never said it was. I said "another good way...."

As for the time lag issue, the info IS dependant on the dealer's input. Apparently some are faster than others at submitting their claim to WCC which triggers the "completed" status in the records at WCC.

As for why yours is not showing up as an "open campaign" on the "My Workhorse" page, I don't know, BUT it should be there if you received the recall by mail. Will you please call WCC and ask them about this apparent disconnect and then please report back here what you learn? Thanks, ED
Old 11-02-2006, 02:55 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
HD Tech: Just to be clear, I never said it was. I said "another good way...."

ED, my apologies, poor choice of words on my part.
Ray

06 Holiday Rambler W20
Old 11-02-2006, 06:01 PM   #10

No problem, Ray. I'd still like to know what explination you get from WCC about why it isn't on your "my workhorse" page-since you got the letter. Thanks, ED
Old 11-02-2006, 06:06 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Those 3 rigs with the Workhorse logos on the sides --- The Three Musketeers ??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi there Mike T: One of those three now has a black eye, compliments of a house mover breaking a tree limb and leaving it hanging (really ) ED