Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2004, 06:22 PM   #43

Lucky you... my '04 GeorgieBoy (Chassis '04) had the 14".

One more thing to do!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2004, 04:33 AM   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oemtech:
I have a 12/23/03 chassis build on a 04 Mountain Aire. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Haven't seen an upscale gas powered motorhome without an 18 inch 2 spoke wheel yet.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 05:23 AM   #45

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Haven't seen an upscale gas powered motorhome without an 18 inch 2 spoke wheel yet. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess my GBM isn't upscale enough

Old 06-11-2004, 07:35 AM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Me either???
747Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 08:42 AM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
If you can get the coach builder to order the chassis with the wheel - you'se guys are all set! Mine came via third party and I bought the stock WCC horn button.

Chieftains and Mountain Aire motorhomes for instance have the eighteens. What's up with GBM? I would have thought that the Cruise Master line would have had the big wheel.

OH well ...

747Driver I think the 04 Adventurers come with the 18 BUT I could be wrong. I could get you perhaps a wheel that's U shaped if that'll help just don't pull back on the wheel when you're going down the road, it won't work.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:19 AM   #48

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>... just don't pull back on the wheel when you're going down the road, it won't work. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's an interesting idea... I could re-mount my 14" on the other side for my wife. She can twist, turn and pull on it and it won't do nothin. Might keep her quiet for a few minutes
Old 12-19-2005, 05:59 AM   #49

I purchased one for my 2005 Itasca from ronthebusnut.

2005 Itasca Sunova 30B/Workhorse
Robert & Kiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:15 PM   #50

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I wonder if different coaches have a different seat height. I've got the 14" ( 15.5 outside measurement) and I don't have any trouble seeing the instument panel. I sat in a WH with the big steering wheel and other than it looked cooler, it felt kinda strange. Reminded me of when I drove a B-43 Mack truck with no power steering.
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 01:20 PM   #51

Iwould think you need steering wheel puller and a 13/16 th. socket, might be 7/8. Takes about 15 min. also need snap ring pliers to remove lock ring.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:26 PM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
If you have an aftermarket steering wheel from ronthebusnut or other source and you do not have a Workhorse horn button, I have one that I can "give" to some lucky person if you can find me. I'll be a several high profile rallies in 2006 and I won't be too hard to find. Send me a PM if you think you'll be closeby and need a horn button. I'll be in Florida next month; Orlando, Seffner and then on up to Brooksville. We'll be doing several Good Sam, OEM and WIT rallies throughout the year so if you're there just drop by and see me.

Right now I'm using the new prototype Super Sport Chassis Horn Button. Boy can that system sound off or what especially when it triggers the electric horns and a pair of Hadley Bully howns located right behind the lower front fascia of the motorhome. (really can't call it a bumper)

Now if you don't need a horn button I'll see if I can give you a 2006 Motorhome Chassis Guide.

Happy New Year