RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2020, 11:59 AM   #1

2002 Fleetwood workhorse P30 Steering Brakes

I am asking for some direction please.
My MH has only 18000 miles; yes, some seals appear to be leaking due to age.

I am seeking a power steering Pump, where to find?

And a brake Hydrabooster?

I was under yesterday and see some fluid around pump, steering is ok though.

Brakes are hard to push, feel like no power brakes so I believe booster is failing.

I did pull wheels and check brake pads, all good. But now I have read that Bosch recalled them back when... So, I may be changing them also.

I plan on hitting the road soon.

thank you for any information and advice you might provide me with.
Trek8288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2020, 12:37 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek8288 View Post

Brakes are hard to push, feel like no power brakes so I believe booster is failing.

I did pull wheels and check brake pads, all good. But now I have read that Bosch recalled them back when... So, I may be changing them also.

Since you have a P32 series chassis, I can tell you it did NOT have a recall about the brakes. The Bosch brake recall that was issued 10 years ago, 51101-C, (that you may have read about) applied to the W-22 series chassis ONLY.

Generally speaking, many owners of the P32 chassis complain about the brakes requiring a LOT of effort.......

As for where to source parts, www.URVP.com is a sponsor here and they are experts who will very correct parts by your vin #. Another source of "genuine" WCC parts is: www.workhorseparts.com . Also, I have read that "Mill Supply" is a good place for P series parts, but I don't know their website address.

Depending in your GVWR, you may also have the infamous J71 Auto Apply Parking Brake (J71 AAPB) system, and if so, THAT may be the source of the leak you are seeing.

Good luck with your repairs and safe travel.
edgray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:40 PM   #3

Finding a match on the hydroboost may be hard to do, you may be better off trying to get your rebuilt. You might also try to contact Ultra RV products, I recall reading they know of a shop that specializes in rebuilding these hydroboosters and steering boxes.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:27 AM   #4

Are you sure the leak isn't from a hose rather than the power steering pump?. I had a power steering leak on our 1999 P-30 chassis and it was at the end of the hose where it connected to a threaded fitting. A local hydraulic shop made a new hose at a reasonable price. Not especially easy to remove and replace, but certainly easier than replacing the entire component.

And, as others have said, P-30 brakes require a strong push

Edit: Mill Supply has lots of step van parts and the P-chassis is a descendant of the step van. https://www.millsupply.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek8288 View Post

George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, brakes, fleetwood, p30, steering, workhorse