Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2019, 12:49 PM   #1

2003 W22 all dash lights on

Hi all. I have a 2003 Winnebago Adventurer (8.1). My start battery was low today so I used the house battery boost to start the engine. After that, all the dash warning lights stay on while engine is running. Turned the key to off position and removed key, still all lights are on. What's going on? Do you have experienced this also at some time?
Thanks. Fritz
frnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2019, 02:27 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Never had the dash lights stay on.

Have you disconnected the engine battery and, if so, did the dash lights go out?
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:32 PM   #3

That's my next step. Will try it tomorrow. Hope I don't have to replace the instrument cluster.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:22 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I would also check your battery connections, and inspect/clean grounding points.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:03 PM   #5

Thanks for your help. The dash lights are off now after disconnecting the Battery. Charged the battery and reconnected, no more lights. Started right up but now I have a dead miss and I cannot rev the engine up over 3000 RPM, like it has a limit there. Maybe needs to go back to shop. Had a tune-up done a couple of months ago with AC-Delco plugs and extreme wires from Brazels.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:24 PM   #6
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by frnu View Post
Started right up but now I have a dead miss and I cannot rev the engine up over 3000 RPM, like it has a limit there. Maybe needs to go back to shop.

There is a 3,000 rpm rev limiter in park or neutral, that is normal.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:53 AM   #7

Thank you Jon Brazel for your quick response. Will check the fuel pressure today to eliminate a possible issue there when it comes to the miss. If that's not the problem, I'll have to bring it back to the shop.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:42 AM   #8

Did it miss prior to the dash light issue? Wondering if it’s just one plug wire not installed correctly.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 12:00 PM   #9

no miss before, only warm start issue. Happened after the dash light issue. Had a dad battery and started it with battery boost switch. After I turned the engine off, all lights came on. Have a new battery now and the lights are out. It's missing bad, can hardly keep it idling. Had the Magnum Extreme and AC Delco installed at a reputable shop about 2 months ago but hardly drove it since.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:05 PM   #10

Have you computer codes read. Sounds like the BCM may be out. Had that happen with my 2004 buick.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:40 PM   #11

Thanks cavie. If the BCM would be out, would that make the engine have a miss fire? And how can I find out if the BCM is out?
Old 12-14-2019, 05:39 AM   #12

Think I would look at the simple free things first. Fuel pressure, check the MAF and air filter (my daughter’s car had a mouse chew up the air filter and there were lots of little filter pieces in the filter housing).

An error code should turn on the check engine light, which should actually be flashing if there’s a miss. Is the check engine light on?

Note, you can rent for free many of the tools from Autozone needed to check things out. I carry a little device called Blue Driver that plugs into the OBD II port and communicates with a phone app.
Old 12-14-2019, 07:46 AM   #13

Thank you vettenuts. I'll check the fuel pressure first since I always have a warm start problem to make sure no leaks into the manifold or cylinders. I will check for all wire connections incl. the new plug wires, check for vacuum leaks also. Then I will go to Autozone to read the ECU for codes. I do not have a check engine light on. I will probably buy a Scangauge II or the Ultraqauge, don't know which one yet. I will keep the posts coming.
Old 12-14-2019, 08:00 AM   #14

If the fuel pressure is dropping after shutdown, it can also be an injector leaking. There is tester for injector leak down testing for future reference.

I bought an injector tester years ago to chase an intermittent miss in my car. In the end it was the computer and you could see the ground signal dropping out for some of the injectors.

Tags
dash, light, lights, w22