Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
2004 W22 rotors

Need help in the part numbers for the front and rear rotors on 2004 W22 chasis. I've ordered the calipers but I see that I have spider cracks in my rotors so I've decided to change them also. I'm not waiting on the recall for I've had four brake lock ups and I'm not getting stranded again and having to pay for inspection fees. Thanks for your help~!!

WoodyK
woodyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have read here on the forum that those spider cracks are not a problem. It seems the ones with big cracks going to the center and edge are bad. You might do a forum search for cracked rotors.
BellaBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:26 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Since I'm putting on new calipers I've decided top go ahead and replace rotor and yes you are correct in that the spider cracks are ok--I just wanted to start from scratch and I have to go back and forth to TX and AL twice a year so I just want to keep from getting stranded again having to park my RV on the side of the Interstate hoping no one will slam into me. Any Idea on the part numbers for the rotors?

Woodyk
Old 11-24-2009, 05:54 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I hear ya. That's why I've been sitting at home. Finally had to get three of my calipers replaced because of an upcoming trip.
Anyway, you might try this website. I haven't figured a way to sort these part numbers yet, but maybe you can scroll through them for rotors. Copy the entire url to your url search.

http://www.workhorse.com/fedexground...rice_Sheet.pdf
BellaBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:47 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Brake rotors

Hi,

Try 2594596C1 Rear rotor supplied by International

23-123572-002 Rotor supplied by Meritor

4C4Z-2C0-26AA Rear rotor by Ford

Check these out but they should fit.

Good luck

Ron
Deaop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:24 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyk View Post
Since I'm putting on new calipers I've decided top go ahead and replace rotor and yes you are correct in that the spider cracks are ok--
woodyk, I don't disagree with installing new rotors now. When the campaign launches, you'll already have new rotors and pads so if you pay now I don't expect that you will have to pay later. Make sure you also get new hoses and ABS sensors if you can then just flush and drive!
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:02 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyk View Post
Need help in the part numbers for the front and rear rotors on 2004 W22 chasis. I've ordered the calipers but I see that I have spider cracks in my rotors so I've decided to change them also. I'm not waiting on the recall for I've had four brake lock ups and I'm not getting stranded again and having to pay for inspection fees. Thanks for your help~!!

WoodyK
check this website out. i am planning on using their slotted and drilled rotors and their premium semi-metallic pads.
brakeperformance.com/site/brake_rotors.php?&dv=100509&ad=direct
brakeperformance.com/site/brake_rotors.php?&dv=100509&ad=direct
i tried it twice, guess you will have to copy and paste.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:44 AM   #8

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Workhorse part # W8002188

We have them in stock if you cannot find them local.

877-786-1576
Brazel's RV Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:35 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Jon,

Is this the same PN for all the rotors? I would imagine that the rear rotor would be a different PN.

WoodyK
Old 11-25-2009, 09:13 AM   #10

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Yes, all four corners are the same part #'s for the rotors. You will also need the wheel seals.

Rear Wheel bearing seals:
(2) W8000275 & (2) W8000276

Front Wheel Hub Seal:
(2) W8000036
Brazel's RV Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:22 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Drilled, slotted and vented rotors are great however if the calipers are working properly and a driver is using "Grade Braking", the "need" to spend that kind of money on hi-performance rotors seems illogical as Spock would say.

Now if Mike, Jon and Steve are bring a motorhome chassis to Bonneville I'd say go for it!

Our friends from Brazel's have already shared with us that they don't often see Interim repairs on chassis equipped with a Grade Brakes and they do a lot of these types of jobs.

For all that has been written here about brakes the problem is not with the rotor and unless we fix the problem you can install 24K gold rotors but they'll present in the same manner as stock rotors if the caliper seizes.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:11 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ultra Power, air intake systems, add on grade braking, changing shocks, bigger better sway bars all expensive hi-performance items. If my rotors were cracked and I was replacing calipers I would sure look at the price difference between the stock and hi-performance rotors. I'm sure we will all be glad when the brake issue goes away.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:49 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
woodyk, I don't disagree with installing new rotors now. When the campaign launches, you'll already have new rotors and pads so if you pay now I don't expect that you will have to pay later. Make sure you also get new hoses and ABS sensors if you can then just flush and drive!
DriVer, your last sentence caught my eye, "new hoses and ABS sensors". Can you give more info on this? I am waiting for Workhorse to fix the brake problem and when they do I was going to get the brake flushed but should I also do the hoses (what hoses??) and ABS sensors?
Thanks
Paul and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul and Sue View Post
DriVer, your last sentence caught my eye, "new hoses and ABS sensors". Can you give more info on this?
Paul & Sue, When you change a caliper it is often preferable to replace the hydraulic hose that supplies fluid to the caliper. Hoses are made of rubber and as such they endure normal wear and tear and changing the hose at the time you change the caliper is a good idea.

The ABS sensors may be replaced at the same time especially if you have had an ABS lamp lit in your instrument cluster. Installing new sensors now may prevent a false reading in the future if there is anything that might be suspect with the sensors. The ABS sensor plugs into a holder which is located with the caliper. If you look at the caliper, the wires coming from the caliper are connected to the sensor and the ABS computer.