Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2018, 12:28 AM   #1

2004 Workhorse P32 Steering Components.

Our 2004 Workhorse VIN: 5B4LP57F443384178, model P32032 is in need of some steering components, in particular Outer Tie Rod Ends (R.H.T.) and left side Idler Arm. This is a RIGHT HAND STEER vehicle in Australia and any assistance like Part Numbers O.E. and aftermarket and email contacts of possible suppliers would be very much appreciated.
Down under is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2018, 06:32 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down under View Post
Our 2004 Workhorse VIN: 5B4LP57F443384178, model P32032 is in need of some steering components, in particular Outer Tie Rod Ends (R.H.T.) and left side Idler Arm. This is a RIGHT HAND STEER vehicle in Australia and any assistance like Part Numbers O.E. and aftermarket and email contacts of possible suppliers would be very much appreciated.

Due to the "unique" design of YOUR P32 chassis, I suggest you contact the WCC parts experts at: www.ultrarvproducts.com If you want to call them, ask to speak to Jon or Alan
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:35 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I believe the P32 Is just a wider track version of the P30. The only part that is different is the link between the steering box and the idler arm.
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:57 AM   #4

I too would suggest contacting Jon or Alan at Ultra RV products
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed racer View Post
I believe the P32 Is just a wider track version of the P30. The only part that is different is the link between the steering box and the idler arm.
There never was a "P30". I don't want to start another argument about this, but rather I am submitting the following thread which explains the facts:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f22/p-ser...ned-21035.html

P30 is "lingo" that has been used for years, but ALL the actual model numbers are like this: Pxxx32.

WCC added to the confusion when they first started making the W series chassis because those chassis have Pxxx22 as their model number, even though they used the "lingo" of "W series", and did not call them P22s. I think it was 2004 or later before the W series chassis got a model number beginning with a "W".
Old 08-07-2018, 02:26 PM   #6
Official iRV2 Sponsor

To the best of my knowledge Workhorse never did provide their chassis with right hand steer. Either the body builder did this or subbed it out to an aftermarket company to convert. I’ve seen a lot of left hand drive P32’s in OZ so it was probably customer preference if it remained left hand or was converted. I’m sorry, we just don’t have any info on these.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:20 PM   #7

Down under: I don't know if the info in the build sheet will be helpful, or not, but I will attach it to a reply if you send an email to: edgray1@gmail.com
Sorry that Jon at Ultra is unable to help you. Good luck!

Tags
p32, steering, workhorse