Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2014, 08:38 AM   #1

2005 W24 Chassis Lubrication Points

Hoping someone else has the same chassis and has done their own lubrication. I have the lubrication points diagram and description from the Workhorse owners manual. I think I have gotten all those applicable to my chassis, however the owners manual covers several chassis' including the "P" series. Note that I have the J22 parking brake. Here is what I did:

Brake shaft, both ends of steering link between steering box and knuckle, both knuckles top and bottom, tie rod ends, all U joints and one slip joing in middle of drive shaft.

Did I miss anything?
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2014, 06:49 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Do a search, on "Lube points" someone has posted a chart. Also a couple years ago their was a long post on U joint lubing.. I cannt find the post.. Basically you block the tires real well, then take the pressure off the joints by placing transmission in neutral then releasing the parking break ( see why you block the tires?) then lube the joints by pumping all the old grease out until new grease appears at all four joints.. that forces out all moisture and grit. takes lots of rags or paper towels to clean it up.
Remember, my opinion is worth what you payed for it, maybe less
Old 10-19-2014, 07:18 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I posted the lube location diagram ~10 years ago.

My truck service facility has me lift the front end so there is no weight on the king pins.

Don't forget the brake bell crank zerk located under the hood. Here's a photo of mine.

-Tom, W3TLN

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:57 PM   #4

Yep, got all of those and got new grease out of each bearing location (four) of each U joint. Must have put 20 pumps into the driveshaft slip joint and then the grease came out the back, not where the splines are located. I didn't take weight off of the king pins on the knuckles but got fresh grease out of them.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, chassis