Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2010, 08:56 PM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Cool

I guarantee Larry will come if you feed him. He loves BIG steaks! He's a great guy. I enjoyed my time with he and his staff. Mine was the 5th coach he performed the recall on. We had a great time discussing our time in the Air Force. I was also stationed at MB prior to my tour in Germany.
peskyfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2010, 07:35 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by peskyfeller View Post
I guarantee Larry will come if you feed him.
I also expect that Larry would come down if we gave him a quart sized cup of coffee! You never run out of coffee at Larry's!

We'll have to see if he has time to come down and meet everyone.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:24 PM   #17

DriVer:
I don't see Larry's Auto Clinic on the SC "Rate The Dealer" list. Is he an Authorized WH Svc Ctr? Maybe under some other shop name?

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:29 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thudman View Post
DriVer:
I don't see Larry's Auto Clinic on the SC "Rate The Dealer" list. Is he an Authorized WH Svc Ctr? Maybe under some other shop name?
Thudman, Larry's is an Authorized Workhorse Service Center.

Try this:

Larry's Auto Clinic, Inc.
4719 Northgate Blvd Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
(843) 293-2205
Fax: (843) 293-2448
Mapquest | Google Maps Rate this dealer

The resource that was suggested by here previously is flawed if it doesn't list Larry's He's been doing business here in Myrtle Beach for years.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:36 AM   #19

Thanks, Mike. I'll prolly make appt w/Larry in early Nov for 51101-C; maybe add'l brake work also (pads/rotors?). Maybe we can do lunch. I'm buying.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:59 AM   #20
gg

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Driver thanks for all the Info. WH got the job done. Can you post a picture of the new caliper vs the old one? Does the new caliper have a new casting number?

This would help future WH owners to ID that the coach has the latest and greatest calipers.

thanks
Old 09-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Driver,
Thanks for the great description and pictures - as a result of my local WSC not calling me back in 9 days, I just called and made an appointment with Larry for the 4th of October, enroute to the Outer Banks. It is more than a little out of the way but the strong recommendation and his obvious preparation and readiness to tackle the work make it an easy decision. The fact that he was in the USAF makes it great too. Thanks again.
j griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #22

Time and additional costs

Driver, how long did the repair take? bing a fultimer this means a little bit of scheduling planning. also, what were/are any of the costs that may not be incuded in the recall?
Old 09-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Driver thanks for all the Info. WH got the job done. Can you post a picture of the new caliper vs the old one? Does the new caliper have a new casting number?

This would help future WH owners to ID that the coach has the latest and greatest calipers.
gg, The caliper casting number remains as 4153269. Please refer to the attachment below. You can tell right away if you have the "NextGen" caliper in this manner. Look directly below the casting number on the center of the caliper. For all practical purposes the exterior of the NextGen caliper is identical to the old caliper.

What will immediately ID the new caliper is the date code. The attachment will explain how to read the code. Just know that the 1st NextGen calipers were dated "0155A." So that's day 155 of 2010 = June 4th, 2010 and it was built by Shift A (others are B & C).

The date code is stamped on the caliper right below the casting number. Any number greater than 0155A means you have the NextGen caliper on your vehicle. All the new calipers are going to be argent or silver (shiny) in appearance. If you see the caliper off the vehicle the dead give away is the "B" in the bottom of the piston. For example; If a new caliper we built on January 1st of 2011 it would be coded = 1001 + the work shift alpha character A, B, or C. That's it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4153269 Date Codes.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	5445  
Old 09-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo View Post
Driver, how long did the repair take? bing a fultimer this means a little bit of scheduling planning. also, what were/are any of the costs that may not be included in the recall?
kayo, It took about 3 hours give or take 30 minutes and depending on whether or not you get the upgrade.

There were no obligatory costs associated with the replacement of my calipers. I did option to replace my rear brake pads and I did not have to cut the rotors. The pads were priced out and there wasn't any labor. The pads ran about $77.00. That's it.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #25

I stopped at Holland Motor Homes and made my appointment for 9-29 for the brake replacement. They got 24 sets shipped to them, enough for 12 MHs. I told them to replace pads if they felt it was necessary. I trust them.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsinmich View Post
I stopped at Holland Motor Homes and made my appointment for 9-29 for the brake replacement. They got 24 sets shipped to them, enough for 12 MHs. I told them to replace pads if they felt it was necessary. I trust them.
Bill, Good for you I am glad to hear it. Now after you get your brakes up to snuff come on down to the 10th Anniversary Rally here in Myrtle Beach !!!
Old 09-15-2010, 07:24 PM   #27

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Called Larry today and got an appointment on Monday 11 Oct to get my brakes done while I'm at the IRV2 rally. I haven't had any problems so far , hope they get me to the workhorse rally and then to the IRV2 rally. My local dealer cant seem to get any of the new calipers. They have ordererd several sets and have not gotten the first one yet. Service manager says Workhorse cant tell them even when they will be shipped.
davebuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:51 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsinmich View Post
Bill, Good deal. Soon this issue will be in the rear view mirror and you can go ahead and make those plans to go to Alaska.