Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2023, 08:55 AM   #1

A/ C low side location for recharging freon, on 2004 Tiffin Allegro Workhorse 8.1?

Need help on locating my A/C low side to recharge A/C system on 2004/2005 Tiffin Allegro class A motorhome. Thank you!
Rodlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2023, 11:14 AM   #2

On my 2001 it is accessed from the front engine hatch. It is on your left, at the bottom of the black heater box, on the aluminum hose end along with the low side switch. It should have a black or gray cap on it.
Old 05-20-2023, 12:20 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
On my 2003 bus, it is located on the outside (left side as looking aft at the front generator compartment) of the heater box. I can not see it, can only feel it. Kind of a hassle connecting a hose to it.
thebings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 12:38 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Unless I'm confused with High port, On my National Rv W22 8.1 2003 it easy reachable under the doghouse cover (under the left front cover). It's on one line from the compressor.
Old 05-23-2023, 05:19 AM   #5

It often depends on whose air coil box the coach builder used.

Workhorse usually shipped the chassis with compressor, discharge line to condensor, receiver/drier with “one-time” quick connect (this allowed a possible pre-charged, chassis A/C system), and suction line with a “king valve” for connection to the block TXV.
Coach builder provided flexible liquid line from receiver/drier, evaporator (in air box with heater core), block TXV, and evaporator.

The suction port on our ‘02 was on the “king valve”.

FWIW - last year I realized the block TXV was installed upside down on the evaporator, thus feeding liquid refrigerant to the bottom/air entering side of the evaporator first. That’s backwards (you want the warmest air hitting the warmest refrigerant, or the coldest air hitting the coldest refrigerant).

I replaced the TXV with a new one, and while doing so, removed the “king valve” as it no longer served its intended purpose (and quite frankly, hadn’t since the coach and chassis were first built).

The “king valve” had the suction port on it - I just added an inline suction port into the flexible suction line as it headed back to the compressor, along with a port for the low suction pressure switch.

Pictures upon request.

Tags
allegro, cat, charging, location, tiffin, workhorse