Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Ball Valve B4 Evans - WOW

It's been very warm here in the south and my dash air has never really performed very well. It blew more hot air while on AC than cold.

I finally had enough, did a search and found this thread so today I installed a 1/2" ball valve with pek fittings as did "007". Very easy to do, cut the line, insert valve and tighten a st. st. hose clamp on each side and your done. 20 minutes tops.

What a difference.....I drove the motor home to the storage facility which is about 30 minutes from home and it literally froze me out. It's NEVER worked so well.

I probably need a new Evans valve which I'll order but in the interim this fix worked wonders.

Thanks "007" for a great, simple and inexpensive fix.

bowpulpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2019, 09:37 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
It's interesting how people never read the previous posts to get simple answer to a problem, just complain about their problem, than we do get a reader who does the fix and is a happy camper, bet he never changed the Evans valve.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:47 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowpulpit View Post
It's been very warm here in the south and my dash air has never really performed very well. It blew more hot air while on AC than cold.

I finally had enough, did a search and found this thread so today I installed a 1/2" ball valve with pek fittings as did "007". Very easy to do, cut the line, insert valve and tighten a st. st. hose clamp on each side and your done. 20 minutes tops.

What a difference.....I drove the motor home to the storage facility which is about 30 minutes from home and it literally froze me out. It's NEVER worked so well.

I probably need a new Evans valve which I'll order but in the interim this fix worked wonders.

Thanks "007" for a great, simple and inexpensive fix.

If you examine the control valve you removed, I think you will see it is a cheap PLASTIC ball valve. I doubt a new one will work any better for very long because they just don't seem to handle the hot water very well.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:08 PM   #18
Dom

Seems like your refrigerant pressures are too high. maybe as suggested the rad temp is causing air cond temp to rise. If you are to use 35 psi low temp pressure, this equates to 40 deg coil temp. But the air temp coming off coil is 10 deg higher so discharge air is minimum 50 deg, then goes up from there with distance. Air coming off should be 40 deg with a coil temp of 30 deg. Low temp pressure would be 26 psi
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 09:02 AM   #19

I'm having the same A/C problems as everyone else, so I want to install a ball valve in the water line. But I want to make sure I locate it correctly. In the picture, is this the Evans Control Valve, and do I want to install the ball valve in the hose entering on the right side? Thanks for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190831_102242904.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	258585  
RetiredBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 06:39 PM   #20

Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I am considering putting a ball valve in my heater line. I assume this will stop the flow of antifreeze going through the my small heater radiator up front. My question is will this affect the flow of antifreeze throughout the rest of my engine?
It seems like it would make my engine water temperature run hotter due to not having to travel from the motor (diesel in rear) all the way through the hoses up to the front of the RV (37 ft) and back.
Any thoughts?
Pez Vela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 03:22 PM   #21

I put the ball valve in mine and still had problems. Turns out that the thermostatic switch (aka as "cold control" or "Ranco" switch) on my Evans system was bad. It's easy to test by bypassing it with a jumper wire, and replacements are relatively inexpensive and easy to install.

Check out this thread, and scroll down to post #28, where you'll see I started to get a handle on what my problem was:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f22/dash...-585316-2.html

Here's the replacement switch I bought from Amazon, though I note that it shows as currently unavailable. I paid $41 last year. At least this will show you what part you need to look for if in fact that's what your problem is:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 07-26-2023, 03:30 PM   #22

The ball valve can be in any hose, it just stops the flow.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote