Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
ABS Light on

ABS light came on after backing into the garage. Owners manuel stated to check fluids which is ok, can't see any other problems. Is there a way to reset the trouble light, or does any one have any advice.

Bill
05 Trek 29 RBD W-20
03 tracker
Bubba-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
iRV2 Sponsor

Bill,

The typical cause of an ABS light on is a sensor out of position. A simple push on each sensor till it bottoms out will most likely take care of your light. The system will read and reset itself once you travel forward over 5 mph.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Redlands Truck and RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:41 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Hey guys! Thank you so very much for coming in and providing Bubba-B with a reply to his question in regard to ABS sensors.

We appreciate you guys anytime you can help one of the members. This is one of the things that makes iRV2 the best Internet resource for all things Workhorse.
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:38 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
ABS Light

Redlands you guys are the best... And I agree with Driver...I checked the sensers and drove about 100 yards and the light is out. Had made an appointment to have the problem checked. But you saved me a 100 mile drive one way. Again thank you.
Bubba-B
05 Trek 29 RBD W-20 Ultra Power
03 Tracker
Bubba-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:34 AM   #5

Not to sound like an unknowing idiot, where are these sensors located?
Old 10-31-2009, 08:31 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
My ABS light has been doing that for over two years and I thought that all was well also. When WHRC scanned the Bosch computer it found three bas sensors (Shorted) and the ABS light was out. I don't think you can believe that just because the light went out that you are OKAY. Far from it.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:17 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
To reset the light.. TUrn off engine, re-start.. Sometimes the issue can be as simple as a stall out

If you stall the vehicle, then re-start it, with your foot on the brake. THE ABS LIGHT WILL STAY ON

The reason for this is one of the "Sensors" happens to be the brake light switch.. It looks for 12 volts on one side and "near ground" on the other side.. If your foot is on the brakes... Within 20 seconds of releasing the key to re-start, it sees 12v 12v and says "oh, a problem here"