Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2015, 09:06 AM   #1

ABS Lights and Error Messages

Hi Everyone,
Hubby and I are so confused. We own a 2005 gas holiday rambler vacationer xl. we love it but it is quickly turning to a hate. the abs lights are on the brake is set and there is no way to put it in gear, work the jacks, nothing. back up lights flash but we cant get it out of gear. in the past we could undo the batteries and wait a few moments and it would fire up and all be well, but that doesn't work anymore. I read a lot of folks can still drive their units we can't move ours. is there a reset we can't find. we have the manuals they were sent from the guy that built it years ago getting very depressing already missed out on the last holiday to camp sure wish we could go camping can anyone help the old folks
papaslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2015, 09:56 AM   #2

We have a 2005 HR Vacationer xl. Love the layout, the brightness of the unit, and the ride is so smooth. Recently we are having problems with the abs system and can't seem to find any help with it. Love the unit. if anyone can assist with the abs we would sure appreciate the help.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:45 AM   #3

That sounds like a real mess.
Have you checked all the fuses, everywhere in the coach?
What chassis is your coach on ? Workhorse?
Old 05-29-2015, 01:35 PM   #4

Holiday Rambler Vacationer XL

Hi Everyone,
Sure hope someone has an answer to my problem. Recently, the ABS light came on we can not get them to go out. The breaks are locked preventing us from putting it into gear, nor can we put the jacks down. Nothing can be done. We have checked and cleaned abs circuits and reapplied them back into the line. Messages of abs comm failure continue to stay. The lights on the back of the unit start flashing as if we have the caution lights engaged. Folks say they can move their units with abs light on we can't. Please help if you can we want to vacation and can't move the unit. It's on a workhorse chasis they call a ufo type. thanks for your time. nice to have a place to go and talk to other rv'ers.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:50 PM   #5

Abs Lights and Error

Yes workhorse. they said its called a ufo frame or chasis.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:52 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hopefully a moderator will move this to the workhorse forum for more exposure.

I cant help with your UFO

Mike
Old 05-29-2015, 02:01 PM   #7

Holiday Rambler

Thanks Mike, Is there a way that I can move it I am really new to this not sure how to do it.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:57 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
If I'm not mistaken, the UFO Workhorse has a drive shaft auto park brake (APB). Is is possible that your APB is engaged? Have you checked the APB fluid level? The default state for the APB is to be engaged and that would certainly stop you from moving. Don't know about the flashing lights or the ABS light. I haven't heard of an ABS light locking down a braking system. Normally, the antilock function of the brakes would be the only thing disabled.

Good luck!
Old 05-29-2015, 03:10 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
I would repost your question here-Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum - iRV2 Forums, the Workhorse Chassis area.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaslady View Post
Yes workhorse. they said its called a ufo frame or chasis.
I hope I can be of some help to you, but something isn't right. I think the first year of the Workhorse "UFO" chassis was 2007, so I doubt your 2005 HR is built on that chassis. What is the sixth character of your chassis VIN number? In order to give you good advice, we need to be sure which product we are talking about.

Also, as suggested please visit the Workhorse owners forum.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:32 PM   #11

ABS lights and errors

sorry for the typo ed it is a 2008. we are getting ABS error no comm. the big problem is with this error we can not take the unit out of park. Can not even put down the jacks for ease of getting under to check out wheel sensors loose wires or shorts. Have checked all sensors and wires up to the power booster and ABS unit. have checked power at the ECU and all fuses all seems ok. I am at a loss. any suggestions are greatly appreciated. also can not get parking brake knob to stay up but I believe the brake is on. it is a drum brake on the drive shaft. a couple of times we would try different things like removing power start up the unit and everything was fine, turned it off to make sure and back to error messages. thank you
Old 05-29-2015, 06:55 PM   #12

holiday rambler vacationer

hey Mr. Nuts hope you can help. a little extra input can not get the unit out of gear so automatic park brake stays engaged. get abs error no comm. have tried many thing that work one time but not the next. #1 removed all 12 volt power to unit as sort of reboot worked once not twice #2 cleaned wheel sensors worked once but not twice #3 unplugged resovor switch and brake lite switch and wala worked but only once I feel like the unit is haunted. This intermitant problem is a bear to find..it is a 2008 workhorse chassis (UFO) with a wabco abs unit
Old 05-29-2015, 07:47 PM   #13

Quote:
sorry for the typo ed it is a 2008. we are getting ABS error no comm. the big problem is with this error we can not take the unit out of park. Can not even put down the jacks for ease of getting under to check out wheel sensors loose wires or shorts. Have checked all sensors and wires up to the power booster and ABS unit. have checked power at the ECU and all fuses all seems ok. I am at a loss. any suggestions are greatly appreciated. also can not get parking brake knob to stay up but I believe the brake is on. it is a drum brake on the drive shaft. a couple of times we would try different things like removing power start up the unit and everything was fine, turned it off to make sure and back to error messages. thank you
OK. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is likely that your issues are related to the HPB system or one of the two electronic control modules. Fixing this is going to be time consuming and expensive and you'll need to find a Workhorse or International truck dealer that is familiar with these system. You should probably read this thread: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f22/2008-...-a-222780.html to become more familiar with the problems. Pay close attention to the posts around #15 of the thread.
At this point, all I can do is wish you good luck. Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:55 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
hey Mr. Nuts hope you can help. a little extra input can not get the unit out of gear so automatic park brake stays engaged. get abs error no comm. have tried many thing that work one time but not the next. #1 removed all 12 volt power to unit as sort of reboot worked once not twice #2 cleaned wheel sensors worked once but not twice #3 unplugged resovor switch and brake lite switch and wala worked but only once I feel like the unit is haunted. This intermitant problem is a bear to find..it is a 2008 workhorse chassis (UFO) with a wabco abs unit
The APB system on the UFO is different from previous generations. from what I have read, it is a more complex, comprehensive system. I worked with Roger Haag (Old Used Bear) to resolve a problem with my previous RV (1999 Pace Arrow Vision) but I don't know how much he knows about the UFO. You could ask him. His website is AutoPark parking brake system help, troubleshooting, and repair.

Also take at look at this threadhttp://www.irv2.com/forums/f22/ufo-c...re-159380.html . I don't know if the problem is the same as yours but the hydraulic control unit on the UFO apparently had its issues.

Tags
abs, cat, holiday rambler, light, lights