RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #1

Another autopark issue (but not the RGS)

hello All,

i own a 2003 P32. the reservoir for my autopark has a hairline crack that is seeping fluid ever so slowly. i could use JB Weld to stop it but my concern is it will spread and fluid will leak at a much faster rate and my brakes would apply while driving.
i am looking for the part number for JUST the reservoir. i have found 10381990 & 12478148 but i cant find a picture for either so i am uneasy about ordering either.

any help would be appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If it is a Parker 108 series there are 2 numbers, 413183 413358

Looks like they have a type C and Type D reservoirs.

Here is picture and a phone number.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Parking brake pump assembly.pdf (78.1 KB, 89 views)
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #3

mgscott4,
that is exactly what it looks like but how will i know if its a Parker 108 and even more importantly, how will i know if i have a type C or type D reservoir ??

Thanks !
Old 07-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sorry, You will have to call Parker /Oylidine.

Or get a hold of "Old used Bear" He is the resident expert on Autopark systems. He helped me twice with mine before I sold it. Search this site you will find his email address.
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
Old 07-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #5

thanks again. in the morning, i will look to see if the pump says Parker / Oylidine on it, then contact them.

Roger has also helped me in the past. i reached out to him but his email has changed and i got a 'return to sender' reply. i tried contacting him through Oemy's site but have not heard from him.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Oemy,s got some information on his web site.

Oemy's Web Site - Autopark Parts Xref
Old 07-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ok, I did not refresh my web page. You already checked Oemys page.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:15 AM   #8

mgscott4,

you have been a HUGE help. i looked this morning. although i do not see Parker or Oildyne written anywhere, i DO see on the reservoir one of the two part numbers from your diagram. so at least now i know what to get.

now i just need to find a source. i will call parker / oildyne today and see what they can do.

thanks !!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Your Welcome,

I had an 02 Fleetwood Flair on a P32 Chassis. In the 6 years I owned it, I had 3 Autopark problems, first time, RGS went bad, MH would not move, and had to have it towed, luckily under warranty. Took 2 days to get a new RGS. That's when I learned everything I could about the system.

Second time, The RGS went bad again, this time I had a spare but stripped the threads on the aluminum adapter going into the pump. Had to get a new adapter. (if you take the adapter out, there is a spring and a check ball (bearing) ----don't loose it.)

The third time, only the Autopark light came on, and it was a leaking grey switch under the rig by the cable and drum. Had a spare fixed in 10 minutes.

Always carry a spare RGS switch and the light switch. Amazon sells the brown RGS for about $30. Not sure about the light switch. Be careful not to strip the threads too.

Here is the temporary fix for the stripped threads. Purchased the adapters from Home Depot. Tapped threads bigger on the aluminum adapter and JB weld. Worked for 4 weeks until I got my new adapter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RBS picture 2.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	282.8 KB
ID:	23565  
Old 07-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
P.S. the NAPA number for the grey switch (pressure on actuator ‘T’) is PS305 and cost about $30.00. Mine is a bit older, so you should verify this with your set-up.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The Parker people said to get their breather type cap. I found all my parts cheap through an airplane parts dealer. I couldn't find their web address -- but I'll keep looking.
2003 Damon DAYBREAK Model# 3275 // 2003 P32 Workhorse Custom Chassis, 8.1L Vortec 8100,180 Thermostat, .045 SP Gap, SuperSteer Rear Track Bar, Roadmaster Front Spreader Bar, SuperSteer Bell Cranks, Koni FSD ,,,
iRV4FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #12

stripped aluminum adapter

Just FYI, we have a replacement for those easily stripped hex aluminum adapters that the RGS screws into.

We make them of steel in our little AutoPark Library machine shop, along with some other AutoPark "workaround" items.

oldusedbear
Old 07-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #13

mgscott4,
i have already had my stress with a failed pressure switch and light switch. I work for Verizon and was able to get a replacement (and a spare set for the tool box) through their parts supplier.

Roger,
thanks for the email today. after doing some research, Mallory also makes a reservoir kit that is a replacement for the Parker/Oildyne kit. the Mallory part number is: 9-18612. there are many sources to buy this. i will try my local Mercury Marine (part #: 883166A1) dealer tomorrow and see if he has one is stock. if not, i will order online.

i will update when i have more information.
thanks everybody!!
Old 01-20-2021, 12:22 PM   #14

Unhappy Missing spring/ball

I moved my pump assembly and belive i have lost my spring/ball.
My rGREENs and rGRAYs are both ON the pump mounted vertically, NOT horizontally.. I've had numerous people tell me I need the poppet and spring? I'm waiting for USPS to ship me some 1/4 springs and chrome ball bearings - think that might work as a substitute?

Unlike the other fellow, I am parked on a sand/grass lot and I have NOT been able to find the parts.
(Neither by light at night or swinging a long/strong magnet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgscott4 View Post
Your Welcome,

I had an 02 Fleetwood Flair on a P32 Chassis. In the 6 years I owned it, I had 3 Autopark problems, first time, RGS went bad, MH would not move, and had to have it towed, luckily under warranty. Took 2 days to get a new RGS. That's when I learned everything I could about the system.

Second time, The RGS went bad again, this time I had a spare but stripped the threads on the aluminum adapter going into the pump. Had to get a new adapter. (if you take the adapter out, there is a spring and a check ball (bearing) ----don't loose it.)

The third time, only the Autopark light came on, and it was a leaking grey switch under the rig by the cable and drum. Had a spare fixed in 10 minutes.

Always carry a spare RGS switch and the light switch. Amazon sells the brown RGS for about $30. Not sure about the light switch. Be careful not to strip the threads too.

Here is the temporary fix for the stripped threads. Purchased the adapters from Home Depot. Tapped threads bigger on the aluminum adapter and JB weld. Worked for 4 weeks until I got my new adapter.