Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2019, 11:11 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbsilly View Post
I am having trouble finding replacement brake rotors for the front of my P32. I am replacing the calipers (rock auto) with remans for about $45 bucks apiece. Napa had the pads in stock. They can also make any length brake hose needed out of stainless braided for about 1/4 of what ultra rv charges. But I cant seem to find an outlet for rotors anywhere. Napa has them with the hub, but too costly. Anybody?
Try the P32 chassis parts area here: Oemy's Web Site - RV Chassis Parts Xref P Series

NAPA and maybe RockAuto can cross check the CARQUEST P/Ns.

I think Advanced Auto and CARQUEST merged several years ago.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2019, 04:44 PM   #16

Thanks for all the tips guys. I ended up having my rotors resurfaced. Napa was sort of the one stop shop, so that's the way I went. They had the bearings, races, and inner hub seal in stock, but if it weren't for a knowledgeable and seasoned parts man It would have been a fail. The kid at Advance never would have got it right. Anywhat, I now have the parts to reassemble the front and weather permitting, i'll do that tomorrow. It rained all day today.
dontbsilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 05:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenchch3 View Post
I bought all 4 of my Calipers, Rotors, rubber lines and Pads from NAPA. You can find PN on line and they can cross them. Or they can look up earlier models if not shown for yours and compare with what you have. Not real expensive and easy to warentee if needed.

Make sure to read post #74 in the P32 brake thread that is ongoing if you haven’t been following it.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 07:33 PM   #18

I have an aftermarket TPMS on mine that also senses temperature.

I was on the Blue Ridge Parkway last summer and the temperature alarm went off. I had a seized caliper. Waited 45 minutes for everything to cool off and got back on the road.

I had replaced the rubber hoses a year before, so I replaced all the calipers and flushed the brake fluid with high performance brake fluid.

The darn thing handled so much better. I guess I have always had a caliber drag or something.
Old 01-08-2020, 01:02 AM   #19

seems like a sticking caliper in brake - just replace both front !

front brakes especially are very crucial for safety, just replace both brakes and rotors as they may have had temp cycles making them less than perfect.

if mechanical aptitude then brake replacement is not a huge deal, and you should re-grease the hubs while at it.

the hardest thing may be removing the rotor from hub, may have to take it in to get them removed - any tire place can do it, some may not charge if they want your future biz.

you also will need if NOT replacing calipers, something to push pistons back into the caliper housing - but really replace the complete brakes !!!

re-built brakes should be available from ebay or amazon - or pay 5-10x for new OEM ones - buy the re-manufactured ones !!!

!!!! - you will need to bleed the brake lines to be safe, and if brake fluid cloudy, then you will need to replace it - same process as bleeding just lots of bleeding !!!!

You can make a 1 person bleed setup, look it up, and you will need something to push with and maintain brake pedal pressure - stick or some pump thing - or a 2nd person.

do not mess around, front brakes do most of your braking !!!!

Much Success !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbsilly View Post
Greetings people,
I have recently purchased my second MH and it is experiencing brake issues. When I got it last week the right side front tire had a flat spot, indicating the brake had seized and ruined the tire. I test drove it aprox five miles without issue, but today I drove 30 miles and the left side front brake started dragging and smoking. I sat for 30 minutes or so and it freed itself. Drove 5 more miles to home without issue.
The only invoice I have shows the front calipers were replaced in May 2003 and rear calipers were serviced but not replaced. Can you check if it has had the recalled parts replaced. It is a 02 Georgie Boy Landau vin #5B4KP57G823339181 with 24000 miles. I thank you in advance.
SmilingSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, workhorse