Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2006, 02:49 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just arrived and am parked and hooked up to 50 amps. Appointment tomorrow at 8 am. What a neat shop! Tomorrow we will have a test ride and a discussion of what needs to be done and what we will do. More to follow..

Marty
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2006, 02:49 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just arrived and am parked and hooked up to 50 amps. Appointment tomorrow at 8 am. What a neat shop! Tomorrow we will have a test ride and a discussion of what needs to be done and what we will do. More to follow..

Marty
Old 05-22-2006, 06:09 PM   #3

Mid Atlantic Campers
Marty, let MAMA hold on to the check book, us boyz get to carried away

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:35 AM   #4

Mid Atlantic Campers
OK Marty, we're all waiting to hear something.

Old 05-24-2006, 11:25 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Typed up my report last nite here in Hoodsport and posted it. Unfortunately the wifi was too weak here-probably due to heavy weather or something. lost connection and my post before I thought to save text. I will rewrite later today.

Drive from Centralia to here was only 50 miles or so and mild hill climbing. What with heavy weather and rush hour traffic and shopping sprees by MDW on the way, we didn't challange the coach much. Didn't drop out of OD on most of the hills. Otherwise no noticeble difference(yet) Not that it means too much but IP av MPG ind started out at Brazels' at 6.5 and was 7.9 by the time we got to Hoodsport.Speed was mostly 55 or less.

On the other hand I did notice my 3rd IP is starting to lose vertical lines again and now I'm out of warrantee. Wonder if WH is going to stand by that (Edsel).

Marty
Old 05-24-2006, 12:39 PM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
Call Driver, he will stick up for ya, he's our in house WCC good samaritan. I'm sure WCC has an upgraded new style IP for sale in the after market section of their cataloge, RingOTFLingMAO.

Old 05-24-2006, 01:06 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M&EM:
Typed up my report last nite here in Hoodsport and posted it. Unfortunately the WiFi was too weak here-probably due to heavy weather or something. lost connection and my post before I thought to save text. I will rewrite later today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Marty, Please allow me to give you a "tip" from a fellow writer. If you have a large piece that you want to write do it in "Word" first and save it. If you blow the connection no big deal. All you have to do at that point is cut and paste.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">On the other hand I did notice my 3rd IP is starting to lose vertical lines again and now I'm out of warranty. Wonder if WH is going to stand by the IP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I believe that the IP is under warranty for 6 years but I could be wrong. Let me find out for you for sure.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 04:12 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Driver,
I didn't know when I started that it was going to be a large piece.

With my wifi at one bar and my V620 in a dead zone I will take your advice.

It would be real nice of WH to offer 6 years on the IP. This one lasted to the month, as long as my original IP when it started to fail the same way. It must be related to the weather up here in Wa. Thats where the first also started to fail

Marty
Old 05-25-2006, 03:13 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M&EM:
It would be real nice of WH to offer 6 years on the IP. This one lasted to the month, as long as my original IP when it started to fail the same way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Marty, I found out today that there isn't an extended warranty "guarantee" regarding the IP cluster. That said if an owner has a problem with their IP cluster the owner must bring in the motorhome to a service center and the IP problem would then be relayed to Workhorse.

Once WCC receives this notification they will make a determination at that time on a case by case basis how to best resolve the problem and get the vehicle back on the road as quickly as possible.

Workhorse wants the opportunity to work through the problem before they simply replace the Actia IP cluster.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:13 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Man and I glad I got the old style IP. I've had my share of Workhorse problems, don't need that one too.
Of a good note, I haven't had a problem for quite a while now. Hopefully I got them all over with.
W22 Workhorse
Full-Timers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 02:37 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
I don't have the problem but, I did have a problem with the recall. The WH dealer could not get the update to run. They wanted to replace the cluster, which I refused. I took the coach in later for the lower fan shroud fix.I asked them to also look at the IP recall problem. Come to find out there was no power to a connector. That was repaired and the IP got updated.

OBTW-the lower fan shroud fix is a self taping screw. I had to get the lower half shipped to me as the WH dealer did not replace the shroud. They just left it with a big hole it and installed the screw. I posted pctures on my IRV2 photo site.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:20 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Does Workhorse have a Repair Center at their chassis MFG center? I would feel more comfortable having the MFG fix a problem with their chassis than a Dealer saying they can't find or the problem is fixed when its not.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 04:55 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
The closest repair center to Union City, IN is:

Studebaker Buick-GMC
3200 East Main Street Richmond, IN 47374
(800)338-1770
Studebaker Buick GMC.com

There are no customer repair services at the plant. If you're out there call Linda DeHaven and ask her if you can have a tour of the plant. I'm sure she'll be pleased to do it if she's not busy or they'll find someone else to take you around.

FYI: There are 58 Centers within 200 miles of Union City.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:03 PM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dale, Just looked at youir diy project photos . Nice. I'm using steer safe too but just recently found out my chassis is a late 03 build w/04 coach. When I ordered I stated 04 not knowing. When I installed I noted the springs aren't exactly horizontal. One is slightly downward the other of pair is the same degree upward. Both sides are the same. Not possible to adjust better. They function fine. Is there something I should know?

8.1 Vortec 5 spd Allison
eandy is offline   Reply With Quote