Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2021, 10:29 AM   #1

Auto Park J 71 Switch part numbers

I may have posted this before but I don't remember where.
There are two switches anyone should be familiar with. The pressure switch which is mounted on the A P pump AKA: Rotten Green Switch and the Gray light switch near the A P actuator under the chassis with a shield placed under the switch.

The pressure switch is OEM part number 15961566 This is the Green switch.
There is also a Brown switch OEM part number 15034355 which will interchange with the Green switch.
The Gray light switch is OEM part number 10218778

There are aftermarket interchange part numbers.
NAPA
Green switch PB 3550
Brown switch No interchange
Gray switch PS 305

Standard Ignition
Green switch DS 3400
Gray switch PSS 12

Wells
Green switch SW 8164
Gray switch PS 413

If you aren't sure which switch you need: The wire connector plastic shield looks somewhat like an oval. The Green and Brown switches have a lock tab on each long end of the oval.
The Gray switch has only one lock tab. It is in the center of the oval.
The wiring harnesses will not plug into the incorrect switch.

Feel free to copy this off just in case you ever need a new switch and carry it with you. You never know. I don't leave my yard without spare switches.
I'm not so concerned now, as I have been, as I just recently installed the two upgraded switches from "Ultra RV Products".
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2021, 12:44 PM   #2

Thank you ! Thank you so much! Just to add, if anyone is 2nd or later owner change switches and relay.. NOW.. get them out i you don't know how old they are!... and always change every 2 to 5 yrs there after.. this a/p system is very reliable if regular maintenance is done.. change fluids on a/p every 5yrs and check regularly.. NOTE TO ALL WHO HAS a/p look into installing the warning light system called the genie lamp system.. please LETMGROW .. can you post that or a link to it.. for everybody.. i just don't have the tech. Skills.. again thank you.. from bottom of my heart ..
Old 07-27-2021, 02:16 PM   #3

I have the complete instructions for the 'Genie" light system which were sent to me by Roger Haag a few years ago. They are in a folder with all the information I have on the AP system but obviously they are in printed form.
Possibly Ed Gray might have this. I'm not sure. I'll dig through my folder and find the instructions. I'll have my daughter stop by and help me get them on here someway if I can. I don't have a scanner for my computer.
If that doesn't work I'll work out something with someone who can scan the sheets and get them on here. Perhaps my nephew could do it for me. He's the IT man for the local housing authority.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:21 AM   #4

Well.. i just found out.. i can't give thanks to same person twice... computers.. THANK YOU LETMGROW... THANKS... really thank you.. your a solid member.. and great thanks to your family for the time you give us fans..
Old 07-28-2021, 09:38 AM   #5

Look at what I found on my "Google" friend.
https://www.rvautopark.com/wp-conten...SSORY_rev1.pdf
Lynn
Old 07-28-2021, 05:57 PM   #6

I have it already installed.. took me about 4hrs. And 40.00 but I used same color wire as lights.. and old Rodger.. GOD bless his soul.. said use soldering tool.. so.. I had to get one.. all done .. and could not have been happier..! I added alarm.. so that you again LEWMGROW...sorry IRV2 will not let me send 3000 times thank you... members like you and their families.. make my life so muck easier.. ALL YOU RVS WITH AUTO PARK.. DO THIS AND SAVE THOUSANDS..
Old 07-28-2021, 06:49 PM   #7

The real credit belongs to Roger Haag, who was always so generous with his vast knowledge of the AP systems and his willingness to share it. He saved my first planned vacation in my new to me MH in 2015. I simply passed some of what he wrote along to help others. I know Roger would approve.
Now you can do yourself another favor and buy the upgraded switches for your MH. Then you can put your mind at ease when traveling down the highway.
My reward is someone made use of the information I passed along and it makes their travels safer. I hope others will see and use the information.
Old 08-15-2021, 08:24 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Can someone explain what are the ungraded auto park switches
kenkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 08:43 PM   #9

Kenkirby.. sounds like you have confused 2 completely different systems.. AUTO PARK is for just that, when you park.. the grade brake is for slowing on grades .. I don't have one.. so someone else will have to chime in..
Old 08-16-2021, 10:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkirby View Post
Can someone explain what are the ungraded auto park switches
I am going to assume you meant UPgraded switch. If that is the case then the upgraded switches are a product of Jon Brazel's Ultra RV parts. The upgraded switches are a direct replacement for the original green pressure switch and the gray light switch. These are a lifetime switches which will prevent the common failures of the original grade switches which are the most common trouble spots in the Auto Park brake system.
Albeit the switches are more costly up front, the longevity of the switches and the peace of mind is well worth the additional cost. A failure of either the green or the gray switch can cause the AP brake to apply as you are traveling down the highway and leave you sitting next to the road if you are lucky enough to get off the pavement. Imagine that on the Interstate.
https://www.ultrarvproducts.com/RV-B...ch-Upgrade-Kit
Old 08-16-2021, 07:44 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
not confused-just poor proof reader. UPgraded swithces found at ultrarvproducts.com kit part#us22 has both switches, bushing and relay. Attempted to order but my order was refused?? I will call them tomorrow.
Thank you for the help
Old 08-16-2021, 09:49 PM   #12

The bushing should only be needed if you have accidentally destroyed yours while replacing the rotten green switch. They also sell a version of the kit without the bushing.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 05:08 PM   #13

I would buy the kit with the bushing. Unless you have had your switch out and know your existing bushing is fine you are taking a chance that it is.
For the small difference in price you could be disappointed if you remove the switch and find someone has cross threaded or overtightened the switch previously and you can't reuse the bushing. If you had to order the bushing alone the shipping would nearly equal the cost difference.
Old 08-20-2021, 09:41 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just rec'd the upgraded switch kit that includes 2 switches, bushing and 75A relay. I now realize the actuator is leaking. Does anyone know what seal sizes that will be needed? I saw where I can send it off for repair, but I have been fixing things like this myself for years and would prefer to do it myself.

Tags
switch