Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2016, 10:35 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Bad News

Bad News:
I am going to retire for the 3rd and last time (Good News). This will happen Dec 31, 2016 at which time I will cease selling any products, parts or services.

Really Bad News:
I have sold my 2004 Newmar Mountain Aire. It's time for me to hang it up. Long trips are not as fun as they use to be, we were only using the rig once a month for local club outings and the cost of having it out weighed the usage.

Good News
I will continue to keep the web site updated as your guys find problems and fixes. Just shoot me an email and I will add your info to the web site.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2016, 11:11 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I appreciate all you've done in support.
Welcome to Retirement - it is earned - enjoy it but don't expect any free time :>)
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:25 AM   #3

Well you have certainly earned it (again). Thanks for all you have done for us Workhorse owners.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:39 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hope you enjoy your retirement!! Glad you will keep the web site going. It has been a valuable resource for a lot of RVers.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:06 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
You will be missed Omey. A lot of folks benefited from your knowledge.

Take care of yourself.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:52 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Like others have said you will be missed! I have referenced your web site many times looking for info so I am glad it will stay up.

Thanks again Oemy - your support for the workhorse family has been great!

Jim
Old 08-17-2016, 03:13 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I too hate to hear that you have decided to hang it up and retire. Even worse that you sold your Mountain Air. I know that time will come for us all when we need to make changes and move on with our life. Although I've only been around here for a year and a half, I stumbled onto your website early on and found some valuable information there that helped me learn about my new to me rig. Thanks for leaving the website up as there really is a wealth of good information there. Enjoy your retirement Oemy.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:19 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for all the info you have posted here. You have saved me much frustration and money. I have used you web site many times. But when you retire, make sure you keep your brain occupied. Thanks again.

08 Dolphin on WorkHorse W24
LeeSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:59 PM   #9

Haven't been here long but i do know that you've been a great help to many people. Thanks for that, and enjoy your retirement!
Old 08-17-2016, 07:34 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
So Dale, where the hell do I ship all these faulty parts I've purchased from you. Just kidding of course. I too would like to say "thanks", for all you have contributed to this web site over the years. I really appreciate your intent to keep your web site up and running. Stay well, stay retired, enjoy life!
Old 08-17-2016, 08:11 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Thanks all... But, I plan to stick around and be a "Guest Commentator". I just won't have a test bed for projects and upgrades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSoCal View Post
Thanks for all the info you have posted here. You have saved me much frustration and money. I have used you web site many times. But when you retire, make sure you keep your brain occupied. Thanks again.
Lee, I have a 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0 Turbo that I am messing with. I turned 144.3 mph in the Texas Mile. I also have a 2010 Hemi Challenger that I have mad a few mods to. I also ran it at the Texas Mile at 154.9 mph. Now that the rig is gone I sm looking at a Corvette. But, I need to sell my tow car and 1 project car (83 Monte Carlo SS) first. Lasty I have been building a few AR15's just in case of a Zombie Apocalypses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselclacker View Post
So Dale, where the hell do I ship all these faulty parts I've purchased from you. Just kidding of course. I too would like to say "thanks", for all you have contributed to this web site over the years. I really appreciate your intent to keep your web site up and running. Stay well, stay retired, enjoy life!
Those were not faulty parts... just pre-tested.:
Old 08-17-2016, 08:30 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Yes Oemy, I have to agree with all the other posters,even know I am new to the forum, I have used your website numerous times, and have purchased from you as well.

Thanks for all the insight you have provided.

Enjoy retirement
Old 08-18-2016, 12:33 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Camarillo, CA ---Back in the house after 7 yrs fulltiming
Thanks so much Omey, for all the years of high quality support and contributions to us Workhorse owners.

There's no Dale Jr to take over? Maybe Jon can take over incognito.

Enjoy life, every day is precious.

Aloha,
Bill
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 06:49 AM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dale,

Thanks for all that you have done. Since you like cars, I have a suggestion for a road trip for you to take If you have not seen it, you need to visit Hemi Hideout near Brookshire Texas Hemi Hideout | A Different Type of Event Center

Then catch lunch a The Cafe at Brookwood.

Enjoy your retirement!

Don
TAMU62 is offline   Reply With Quote