Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2014, 04:52 PM   #1

Bleeding a J72 Auto Park Brake

I am in the process of replacing the J72 Park Brake on my 2005 Itasca Suncruiser. I will need to bleed the system but cannot find the instructions or procedure for bleeding. Can anyone tell me where I can find that information?
Bill
Kickenrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2014, 02:07 PM   #2

I have similar problem with a gulf stream sun sport, could you let me know if you get replies,
nel354m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:51 AM   #3

I had sent a private message to a gentleman who had posted some info on the J72 brake on another thread. He was very kind to reply to me. I don't think he will mind if I post his reply here. His ID is mrV8outboard.

Hi Bill,
I am surprised you are able to find parts. Good for you. Your brake unit has one JIC hose fitting and no others on it correct? If it is new OEM it should be capped and full of fluid. If not I have prefilled mine using a piece of clear tubing pushed on the JIC fitting with the unit upright and slowly filled it one inch at a time up the hose until all air is removed. Then capped it. Now once installed it is a two person job, you have to get the pump system full to the unit by cycling it out of park. Wheels chocked person on the main brake. Aim the hose end up with another section of clear hose in a loop so the fluid will go up the clear section a few inches before looping over (have a drain pan ready). Once you have clear fluid flowing stop the system, pull the clear section off and hook it up (trying not to loose fluid) to the brake unit. Just snug. Now operate the system and crack the fitting slightly to purge the last little bit of air (ever so slightly as there is 1400 PS
I in the system) and it should happen quick. Clean the area of spilled and sprayed fluid, operate the system several times then check for leaks. Now test for holding power. The last tiny bit will make its way to the pumps reservoir. I have heard of newer units with bleeders but have not seen it in person. Hope this helps.
Kickenrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake