Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2009, 06:42 AM   #1

I ordered the GM auto park switch, through a local Chevy dealer, have it four days. Going on a thirty day, three thousand mile trip,and I want enough spare parts.

One more brake question, for the 03, P-32 Chassis. Although, all my disk pads are good, but, noisy, I want to inventory a set now. Could you supply the GM part# and/or a recommended aftermarket replacement.

Thanks for all your help, George
gsdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:42 AM   #2

I ordered the GM auto park switch, through a local Chevy dealer, have it four days. Going on a thirty day, three thousand mile trip,and I want enough spare parts.

One more brake question, for the 03, P-32 Chassis. Although, all my disk pads are good, but, noisy, I want to inventory a set now. Could you supply the GM part# and/or a recommended aftermarket replacement.

Thanks for all your help, George
Old 01-09-2009, 06:09 AM   #3

I don't have the brake pad numbers, but if you want to send me a Private Message with your email address, I can shoot you a writeup we have that covers all sorts of info about the RGS - - including installation, testing etc. Its a 14 page pdf so way too big to post here.

oub
Old 01-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #4

That would be great, my email is gsdog@comcast.net. Thank you for sharing your knowledge. George
Old 01-10-2009, 05:09 AM   #5

American Coach Owners Club
I'm assuming that you have a J71 system, in which case you have shoes, instead of pads, I think? If this is indeed the case, then the part no. that I have (haven't checked it out) is...Autopark shoe kit GM #15619929...
Don't know why anyone would ever need them, unless they were dragged to burnout. I'm also wondering how long before the shoe springs become fatigued and create some dragging.
Shoe hardware kit (springs) GM #15636877
hope this helps.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:21 AM   #6

Tropical is paying attention better than I am! When I read "disc-pads," I just assumed that he meant service brakes. Trop is absolutely correct that the parking brake has shoes instead of pads - - except for the J72 system which IS a disc brake.

In any event, we got an email from gsdog earlier today and have sent some AutoPark info. We'll get it sorted out one way or another.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:14 PM   #7

American Coach Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oldusedbear:
Tropical is paying attention better than I am! When I read "disc-pads," I just assumed that he meant service brakes. Trop is absolutely correct that the parking brake has shoes instead of pads - - except for the J72 system which IS a disc brake.

In any event, we got an email from gsdog earlier today and have sent some AutoPark info. We'll get it sorted out one way or another. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think he was talking about his wheel brakes, in which case, you were the one paying attention...lol. Now, it could be that he's unaware that autopark holds the drive shaft and has nothing to do with the wheel brakes, but either way, you can't have too much information concerning the autopark system, right?
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote