Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Brake Recall Status

Bosch Brake Recall Report

The Bosch Brake Campaign completion has been very aggressive. WCC has completed 20,897 units as of January 24, 2011! As you know there are in excess of 52,000 units to be completed. I would strongly suggest that everyone take advantage of the winter time to get their units competed. I talked to several owners at the Tampa RV Show and they are waiting for spring. I caution everyone, that it seems that everybody has the same idea. I fully anticipate that there will be a rush in the spring and the WCC Service Centers will be overrun, and parts and technicians will be on the short list. It would be a very good idea to get the work done BEFORE making the trip back up North.

Recommendations: Owners should get the campaign completed now before the rush. If possible, schedule an appointment with the nearest workhorse service center ASAP. The Select Service Centers have the parts, the technicians and the availability. Owners can find the information on our web site at Workhorse.com and click on “Find a Select RV Service Center”. Get the work done before the trip back north if possible.

Workhorse Service Group
Troy, MI

The context of the above report was taken from the perspective of being at the Tampa Supershow. I would suggest that this also extends to those snowbirds out in the South-West of the country. Have your recall done now before you go back up North.

Come spring, like it was suggested in the report above, service centers are going to be over booked time-wise and they may not be able to get to you for quite some time.

The recommendation to seek a "Select Service Center" is made because those centers will have the personnel and parts to do the job now therefore they should be able to turn your vehicle around quickly.

Book now and go and have your recall taken care of if you can travel safely to the service center.

Note in approximately 114 days, 20,897 units were cleared. That's approximately 183 units per day. As of today, one may be able to quesstimate that 22,544 units may have been completed. At this point WCC is ~ 43.35% complete.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Very interesting Stats. What would be more interesting is to know the stats on how many units required replacement of the calipers only vs replacement of damaged rotors, caused from calipers sticking. It would also be interesting to know if more sticking calipers were on the East coast vs West coast.
Father Mulcahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #3

I am waiting for the iceberg to melt off the top of our Adventurer. Once that happens we will head to the dealer for the service
Bug512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:33 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
I called up beginning of January and was in the next week to get the work done. They said it had been very light so far, but were expecting a rush when toward spring when the people start getting their MH's ready for summer. At least around here that is.
YosemiteBobR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by YosemiteBobR View Post
At least around here that is.
Chain-Up that rig of yours and get down to the service center!

No time like the present!
Old 02-11-2011, 07:24 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Mulcahy View Post
Very interesting Stats. What would be more interesting is to know the stats on how many units required replacement of the calipers only vs replacement of damaged rotors, caused from calipers sticking. It would also be interesting to know if more sticking calipers were on the East coast vs West coast.
I just had the recall done at Cumberland International in Nashville. The service person stated that I had the best pads and rotors that he had seen on any of the recalls he had completed. I have 52K miles on my unit. I don't know if you would call this area East or West, maybe middle. The service desk stated that most of the recalls done there did not need any new pads or rotors. BTW, Cumberland Int. is large. They have 28 bays.
Bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
The service person stated that I had the best pads and rotors that he had seen on any of the recalls he had completed. I have 52K miles on my unit.
When I had my first brake overhaul done I had something like 62,000 miles without a failure. At that time everything was replaced using the old caliper types. At this time I have just turned over 89,000 miles and by the time we get home from this trip we'll show over 90,000 miles on the odometer. I really like this motorhome, it is getting long in the tooth but it just keeps on working.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:19 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
When I had my first brake overhaul done I had something like 62,000 miles without a failure. At that time everything was replaced using the old caliper types. At this time I have just turned over 89,000 miles and by the time we get home from this trip we'll show over 90,000 miles on the odometer. I really like this motorhome, it is getting long in the tooth but it just keeps on working.
I just got my RV back from Earnhardts/Camping World in Mesa with all new brake parts. No Charge. Although I did spend $1900 in recommended maintenance roof re-seal, etc. 80,000+ miles on the ticker.

It now sounds/runs the best it ever has sounded/runded [go for it grammar police 8^}. We are ready to take off in May for 4-5 months.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamguy View Post
I just got my RV back from Earnhardts/Camping World in Mesa with all new brake parts. No Charge.
hamguy,

All new brake parts and no charge!!! Did you get a full brake fluid flush plus new brake pads and rotors? If so then tell them I'm on my way.

Bob

PS I don't pick on anyones grandma.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamguy View Post
80,000+ miles on the ticker.
Cool We just turned over 89,000.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:35 AM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob and Inga View Post
hamguy,

All new brake parts and no charge!!! Did you get a full brake fluid flush plus new brake pads and rotors? If so then tell them I'm on my way.

Bob

PS I don't pick on anyones grandma.
Sadly, I had to pay for the brake line flush, as well as the tranny flush, the radiator flush and ultimately the wallet flush!

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote