Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2019, 11:50 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
Looks like you have a Ford chassis, this is a Workhorse chassis forum.
I think Wayne is correct. While there IS a Ford chassis forum here, I don't think there is anybody over there running vin #s like some of us here can do for WCC products. Suggest you ask a Ford dealer to run yours.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2019, 10:50 PM   #128

Tiffin Owners Club
Recall check please

I was very happy to find this thread and the service that you continue to provide.
Can you tell me the status of the tiffin I am thinking of buying?
The Vin number is…

5b4mp67g533364667

Thank you for your help.
Apgaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:19 AM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apgaer View Post
I was very happy to find this thread and the service that you continue to provide.
Can you tell me the status of the tiffin I am thinking of buying?
The Vin number is…

5b4mp67g533364667

Thank you for your help.
WELCOME to iRV2.com and the Workhorse forum.
That vin is for a 2003 W-22. It had 3 recalls and all were completed. The Bosch Brake recall, 51101-C, replaced all four calipers and was done 8/19/2011 @ 8,858 miles. IF you want more info, send me an email: edgray1@gmail.com
Old 06-28-2019, 09:56 AM   #130

Recall Check Please

Thank you all for providing this! I have not been able to find a reliable place to verify any recall or work performed on my own.

Can you please let me know about my Damon Daybreak?
VIN - 5B4LP37JXX3313905

Thanks in advance!
Rojosail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:25 AM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojosail View Post
Thank you all for providing this! I have not been able to find a reliable place to verify any recall or work performed on my own.

Can you please let me know about my Damon Daybreak?
VIN - 5B4LP37JXX3313905

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to iRV2 and the Workhorse forum.
That is a 1999 P-32 chassis with a 16,500 lb GVWR. The ONLY recall was to replace an incorrect label, and it is still "open", which means NOT done. I would not worry about a label replacement.

Because you have the J71 AAPB system, I suggest you learn all you can about it, HERE: AutoPark parking brake system help, troubleshooting, and repair

IF you want the "build sheet" send me an email edgray1@gmail.com

FOR OTHER P-32 Chassis owners: Please know that NONE of the P-32 chassis have Bosch brakes and therefore are they NOT part of the Bosch brake recall, 51101-C, which you may hear about. ALSO, you should know the presence of a "yellow knob" somewhere around the driver's position, is really a switch used to apply and / or release the parking brake and it means you have an Auto Apply Parking Brake(AAPB) to learn about.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:29 AM   #132

Would you please lookup recall information about my Itasca Sunova I did not see any stickers on my radiator support indicating recall completion of the brake recall.
VIN - 5B4MP67G143382357
hotro1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:36 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotro1988 View Post
Would you please lookup recall information about my Itasca Sunova I did not see any stickers on my radiator support indicating recall completion of the brake recall.
VIN - 5B4MP67G143382357
WELCOME to iRV2.com

That 2004 W-20 has 3 recalls, two were done. The Bosch Brake caliper recall is still "open" = not done. You will need to find a WCC / Navistar ASC to perform the recall at no cost to you for parts and labor. If you want more details, send me an email.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:29 AM   #134

Smile I put refundable deposit down on 2006 Itasca Suncruiser 37B

In a relatively short amount of time, I am hoping to learn as much as I can about Workhorse W24 chassis, both generally and specifically, before I sign on the dotted line, take delivery of my RV, and drive it cross country to home in KY.
RV VIN is 5B4MPA7G953410247
RV has 62K miles on it and is on consignment at RV dealer in OR.
I purchase Carfax report, which appears to indicate 2 previous owners hailing from Temecula/Murrieta and Helmet California areas respectively.
Carfax service records for the first owner for 10 years and 47K miles just shows emissions inspections (passed!). Service records for the second owner for 3 years and 15K miles shows a fair amount of what appears to be just routine maintenance (fluids, filters, belts, hoses, etc…..presumably all good as well).
I have yet to see this RV in person (and won’t until the day I take delivery), so I have scheduled an independent third party inspection of RV for tomorrow including fluid analysis on engine (8.1L Vortec), transmission (Allison 2100 6-speed), generator (Onan 5500), and radiator/coolant.
I anticipate having prelim inspection report this weekend, and fluid analysis by next weekend.
Before driving RV home to KY, I have also scheduled an appointment at Roadmaster in Vancouver, WA to install (a) rear sway bar, and (b) steering stabilizer (if aftermarket steering/suspension products not already installed).
There is also a “Banks Power” badge or decal on the driver’s side of RV, but I don’t currently have any further details about what previous owners may have done with Banks.
Even if inspection report and fluid analysis comes back with flying colors, I am still nervous about the cross country drive (with spouse) after reading many of the various Workhorse forum posts about problems with lights, brakes, starting/ignition, shifting, etc., some of which that can trigger “limp home” mode. My wife and I only have a few days to get back home and back to work.
I have roughly 1-2 weeks to make or break this deal with my prospective RV.
edgray: I most certainly welcome your expertise and feedback, and what I need to be on the lookout for with potential problems with basement AC that you had with your previous W24.
JohnB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:52 PM   #135

JohnB1: I replied to your email.
Old 08-05-2019, 06:41 AM   #136

Recall Check, Pleas

We've had a 2009 Safari Simba for a couple of years. It had less than 14k miles when we got it and the dealer (Camping World) was less than helpful on any history. It has the W22 chassis. I just found this forum and it would be great if someone could check about the brake recall for me. VIN: 5B4MP67G183435354. Thanks
lyonsfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:14 AM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonsfin View Post
We've had a 2009 Safari Simba for a couple of years. It had less than 14k miles when we got it and the dealer (Camping World) was less than helpful on any history. It has the W22 chassis. I just found this forum and it would be great if someone could check about the brake recall for me. VIN: 5B4MP67G183435354. Thanks
Welcome to iRV2.com and the Workhorse forum.
That is a 2008 W-22 that had 2 recalls and both were completed, including the Bosch brake recall. If you want the "build sheet" and other details, send an email to edgray1@gmail.com
Old 08-06-2019, 03:27 PM   #138

Smile update on my possible purchase of 2006 Itasca Suncruiser 37B

Just a status update to my earlier post.

After getting build sheet and warranty work history from Edgray1 (thanks!) I decided to walk away from deal for a number of reasons including:

1) even though 2006 model, was a late 2005 W24 chassis which included just a 5-speed (rather than 6-speed) transmission, and therefore also did not have the foot pedal activated J72 APB (still had the dash activated knob, which I'm told is even more prone to expensive problems)

2) had a LOT of warranty work done in first 5 years of life....(possibly meaning it was more of a lemon that could continue to haunt me many years later)

3) not in a hurry to get into a Class A right now (I've got other things on my list including prepping and selling my Class C)

However, I think I would still like to be in a Class A gasser by this time next year.

At least for now, I am still focusing specifically on finding the right 2006 Itasca Suncruiser (or Winnebago Adventurer) 37B floorplan with a good maintenance and service history.
JohnB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:04 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1 View Post
Just a status update to my earlier post.......

1) even though 2006 model, was a late 2005 W24 chassis which included just a 5-speed (rather than 6-speed) transmission, and therefore also did not have the foot pedal activated J72 APB (still had the dash activated knob, .......
At least for now, I am still focusing specifically on finding the right 2006 Itasca Suncruiser (or Winnebago Adventurer) 37B floorplan with a good maintenance and service history.
JOHN: just a note to correct a bit of information so other readers won't be confused. The J72 AAPB system is NOT "foot pedal activated" as you wrote. If a chassis has a foot pedal operated PB, it does not have either of the two AAPB systems used on the P32 and W-24 series chassis. ALL of the W-22 series have a foot-applied PB, hence no AAPB.

Good luck finding the coach you are seeking.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:10 PM   #140

In several posts above I have provided my email address, and offered to check recall status and / or provide a "build sheet". I am NOT going to be able to do that for at least a month from today, so please don't send me any emails until further notice.

There are other members here that can provide that service, so please post your requests here in this thread and be patient. BYE, Ed

Tags
brake, recall