Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2006, 11:38 AM   #1

In another thread there was a post by LeeB showing a picture of his scan gauge he bought at Brazel's.

Will someone please enlighten me as to what this thing :: is / does / cost /, etc.??

Thanks, ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2006, 11:38 AM   #2

In another thread there was a post by LeeB showing a picture of his scan gauge he bought at Brazel's.

Will someone please enlighten me as to what this thing :: is / does / cost /, etc.??

Thanks, ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 12:02 PM   #3
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Ed,

The scan gauge is a scan tool,digital gauge package & trip computer all in one unit.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:15 PM   #4

Scan Guage website

What's your price Mike? Maybe a deal for those with another Brazel's product or service? Or a deal for IRV2.com members?

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 12:36 PM   #5
Official iRV2 Sponsor

We sell them for 165.00 including shipping.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:45 PM   #6

Ed I got it when I was up in Washington at the end of July... I only used it on my way back to California... I still don't know how to work the thing compleatly... When you install it you tell it what size your motor is and what size your fuel tank is and somehow someway it keeps track of your average mileage and it tells you how far you can go on the tank you have... It's pretty cool at times when I am going down hill it says I am getting 99 miles to the gallon. Course on the way up the hill it shows 2 miles per gallon.

But what the heck it's just another toy and one of these days I will figure out the whole thing works... But for now I use to watch my MPG and RPM's along with the water temp.....
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 03:38 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey Mike,
Is the display suitable for us old F***S?

That is, is it bright enough and big enough for us to see?
Old 09-06-2006, 10:16 AM   #8
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Sorry for the delay Clay L,
Yes it is easy to read & bright enough.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:24 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well if it's visible it's worth $165 to me to be able to read the average MPG and coolant temp and a couple of other things.
After I talk the bookkeeper into it (may take a little time) I will pick one up from you.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:19 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well the bookkeeper sometimes drives the RV and she can't read the dang display either so she okayed the transaction. I ordered it from Al a few minutes ago.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:57 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Scangauge II on E-Bay for $155, including shipping.
One interesting aspect, I found on the web SOMEWHERE, when you check your MPG at a
certain speed ...

When you try to see what it gets at a specific speed , CURRENT TRIP MPG is the best
way. Go into the TRIP function andselect CURRENT for the TRIP type, and the MPG for the
selection. When you get to the speed you want to check, press RESET and hold the speed
for a mile or two. The SG II will average the fuel use starting when you pushed RESET
and will average out variations in the wind and road.

Unit has colored back lite featured for night driving, also it can read stored trouble
codes, and reset codes. TENN.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:42 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Al works for Brazels - just realized Mike is probably the only one that knows what I was talking about.
Brazel supports the forum so I didn't really look around for a better price - although their price is better than that offered by the Scangauge site.
I downloaded the manual and am going to read through it. I will take a look at the current trip mile function.
By putting the ave MPG function on the Scangauge, I can go back to the larger shift display on the IP.
I am looking forward to playing with it.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:14 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I remember hearing that Workhorse has codes that are proprietary and only Workhorse service centers with there magic scan tool can read those codes.
Is this correct or will the Scangauge II read all the codes ??
Gregg

2003 Pace Arrow 36R
Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 05:34 AM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mike, does the Scan Gauge's parameters allow for setting the fuel capacity for 75 gals?
kennersonf is offline   Reply With Quote