Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2009, 06:22 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Class C chevy/workhorse express cutaway chassis 14,050 GVWR with the 6.0L V8 (U)

I do believe the model designation would be G3500 -- Is this correct?

also does anyone know if there is an updated chassis guide out, mine is a 2006 guide in name but first page states July 2005 edition. If so, is there a link to a download of the pdf?
Thanks
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2009, 07:20 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally posted by ctcamper:
Class C chevy/workhorse express cutaway chassis 14,050 GVWR with the 6.0L V8 (U)
The GVWR for the 2009 GM/WCC Class C van cutaway is 14,200 pounds. The GCWR is 20,000, the highest rating for this class of vehicle.

The standard engine is the 6.0L engine however new in this model you can also get the Duramax.

The transmission is the GM 4-Speed 4L85E. There is a limited power train warranty of 5 years 100,000 miles and 3 year - 36,000 miles bumper to bumper warranty.

This vehicle exceeds the ratings that were seen on the GM 3500 series vans.

If you have any more questions about this chassis just keep asking.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:35 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Driver,

Mine is an 06' 14,050 according to Workhorse specs --GCWR of 17,600 - same tranny of 4L85E

The 06' chassis guide doesn't cover the 06 model (chassis) year and I am assuming they have an updated version, I didn't find it on the workhorse site. Maybe I missed it. That has been known to happen once or twice lol

I was wondering if they had a designation like the g3500. Parts guys come up with blank looks sometimes when I tell them it's a cutaway express chassis which is why I was wondering if there was a number/letter type model name. I have been using part numbers and cross ref tables up to this point for filters etc. up to this point.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:06 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'll check with workhorse. I called chevy help and they had no clue.
If you look in napa parts online you have the same problem, there is no model name close to express van cutaway. The closet designation they have is the g3500 one ton van.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:06 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
ctcamper,

The GM/WCC Class C Chassis is marketed and badged a Workhorse as an RV chassis. It is completely assembled and the warranty for same is totally the responsibility and administered by GM.

I am totally amazed that a GM dealership would give you any type of grief regarding anything on your Class C motorhome.

If you allow them to run your VIN# on their computer systems they will know exactly what you need for service and parts. There will be a few things that will be unique to your motorhome chassis that may not be on a commercial van however for the most part there will be a great degree of interchangeability between stock GM/GMC vans and your motorhome chassis. If I might venture a guess, I would offer that your springs, shocks and possibly exhaust system routing may be different.

Regarding the Chassis Guide that is available here, reviewing that publication there isn't much in the way of material for the GM/WCC chassis however there is information regarding transmission and engine.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:09 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I remember getting bounced around from workhorse to chevy back when I had the P32 chassis. GM refered me to workhorse, and workhorse sent me to gm for parts...............
I didn't go to a gm dealer, just aftermarket shops ie...NAPA and unless I can give a match to what they have on the books it has to come down to a guess and match the product game.
I called Chevy Customer service, who had the hard time with the identification of the chassis. They ran the vin, put me on hold for 10 minutes, and came back with nothing. Probably located outside US and not able to do anything but general information anyway.
The brochure that came with the coach has a pamphlet with GMC Savana/Chevrolet Express on it which led me to believe it might be interchangale with the G3500 one ton but I need verification on that before I do anything.

Thanks for taking the time out to help