Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2006, 01:14 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
New owner or 03 35ft Dolphin. On recent trip the cooling system I believe was not working correctly. My instrumentation has a temperature guage that goes from O to a 1/4 mark, then to the 1/2mark ( 210deg) then to a unmarked 3/4Mark, and then in red up to the 260 Indicator.
On a slight uphill the indicator would guage would move slightly past the 1/4 indicator and a small fan noise would occur. If on longer hill the guage would go up to half way between the 1/4 mark and the 210 mark the loud fan clutch would engage till the temp reclined to the 1/4 reading. The temperature guage reading never did get to the 210 mark. Is this normal for the 8.1 workhorse. Taking it in for servicing next week.
The noise and action of the fan clutch did take away power of engine when engaged going uphill.

Also the dash A/C also not working. Did the test suggeted on the Evans heat valve and heater side of valve was cool. Any comments will be appreciated.

04 Honda Crv
dicktater is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2006, 01:14 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
New owner or 03 35ft Dolphin. On recent trip the cooling system I believe was not working correctly. My instrumentation has a temperature guage that goes from O to a 1/4 mark, then to the 1/2mark ( 210deg) then to a unmarked 3/4Mark, and then in red up to the 260 Indicator.
On a slight uphill the indicator would guage would move slightly past the 1/4 indicator and a small fan noise would occur. If on longer hill the guage would go up to half way between the 1/4 mark and the 210 mark the loud fan clutch would engage till the temp reclined to the 1/4 reading. The temperature guage reading never did get to the 210 mark. Is this normal for the 8.1 workhorse. Taking it in for servicing next week.
The noise and action of the fan clutch did take away power of engine when engaged going uphill.

Also the dash A/C also not working. Did the test suggeted on the Evans heat valve and heater side of valve was cool. Any comments will be appreciated.

04 Honda Crv
dicktater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:02 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My Dolphin instrument panel temp gage has no numerical information on it just index marks. Chassis date of manufacture of mine was 08/02.
National coach date of manufacture was 10/02. Yours may be on an earlier chassis with different instrumentation.

My temp gage does not move any noticable amount with vary driving conditions. However real time temperature sensor does show a range of temperatures between 190 and 210F that corresponds to driving situations.

Had trouble with ac performance when new also. Was related to the water valve and supposedly the expansion valve. Took two water valve replacements to get mine to work better. Still takes way too long to respond when adjusting output temperature.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:29 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
My gauge is the same type as yours and reacts exactly the same. I would say this is normal.
W22 Workhorse
Full-Timers is offline   Reply With Quote