Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #1

Coachmen apparently is no longer building the full-wall slide Georgie Boy Cruise Master UFO. The Cruise Master is not listed for 2009 on Georgie Boy's website. If this is the case, this would be the second manufacturer along with Monaco to drop their UFO based coach. Winnebago, Forest River, and Rexhall are still building on the UFO chassis for 2009. I spoke with a representative who indicated that Georgie Boy built the last remaining fifty Cruise Master UFO coaches, but have no plans to continue production of the coach beyond the 2009 model year. Coachmen also apparently dropped the Aurora, and now only offers the Mirada and Georgie Boy Pursuit as their only Class A gas MH. I would think the current severe economic downturn in the RV industry, along with a somewhat slow acceptance of the UFO may have been contributing factors. There are still quite a few 2008/2009 Cruise Master UFO coaches available from dealers.

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">.</span>
Explore America is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2009, 08:16 PM   #2

I am torn between the gas pusher or DP. Can anyone help? I test drove the 2007 Monaco Lapalma DP and it seeemed ok..quiet nice ride good power, smooth asking price 99k cdn. I am going to take the 2009 Georgieboy 3740 FWS out this week to compare asking price 119k cdn. I would rather gas as long as it has enough power to tow a toad and is not working too hard. I will put on allot of miles in the next year or so. Which one.
koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:30 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Koda, welcome to the forums!
I vote for the UFO over the 07 LaPalma on a Roadmaster chassis. I do know where you can get an 08 Lapalma UFO with the same floorplan as my coach, however the GB is a great looking and well designed coach from the videos I have seen. The UFO is a really good chassis. I have had only one small issue with my chassis since last June, a dash heater problem, and that took 2 minutes to fix.

Explore America, I must be missing something because the UFO is posted right on the home page of GB's site. Maybe they should update it a bit to show what is really going on with the company. Speaking of updates Workhorse should update DriveaUFO.com as well, it looks like an orphaned site.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:13 AM   #4

Unfortunately, I think what we are seeing is an example of website neglect. Many companies just don't seem to keep the info that is "out there" current. The website linked by EA above "probably" should not be relied upon since it was created by Georgie Boy/Coachmen.

Coachmen sold their RV business to Forest River back in December.
ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:41 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well the UFO is off the FR website, actually you can't find any mention of any chassis when you surf the gas section of the site. Also no mention that they own Coachmen or GB. Seems to me that manufacturers are suffering from a bad economy coupled with there own lack of marketing skills.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:49 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Quote:
Originally posted by -Gramps-:
Seems to me that manufacturers are suffering from a bad economy coupled with there own lack of marketing skills.
Gramps, this has been a real problem with several manufacturers. I would beat on National RV, during the last few years of their existence; they just didn't understand how important accurate web information expanded their marketing program.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #7

Thanks Gramps. This is a great forum. I have never been on a forum before and am finding the answers to all the questions I have. I have never owned a motorhome before. i am trying to find a good unit for my wife and dog to enjoy fulltime for a year or so. I don't want to cheap out and have problems. i thought maybe a good truck and fifthwheel but I think the motorhome experience with toad would be better. And I don't want to be limited to cetain campgrounds and higher maintenance with a 40ft older DP. i drove the front gas 2008 V10 Monaco Monarch FWS 105k cdn 3 days ago And found it nice but under powered and noisy. I,m thinking the rear engine is the way to go. I hope to drive the new GB in the next day or so...It just snowed 2-3" today. Thanks Again and everyone have a great day.
koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally posted by koda:
I hope to drive the new GB in the next day or so...It just snowed 2-3" today. Thanks Again and everyone have a great day.
I understand that Lichtsinn Motors may still have an Adventurer Limited. This is built on the UFO. The coach is a 37GL Model.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote