Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2010, 07:38 PM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Complmenting a service facility

I would like to compliment Joe Ball Pontiac, GMC, Commercial Truck, located in Glenshaw,PA. for an outstanding service experience.
We where towed in after hours and a service technician met us at 8:00 AM to help us. He listened to our issue, troubleshot the problem and diagnosed that we had a faulty ignition switch. (sound familiar)
He installed the new switch, from stock, and we where on our way.
If you are in the Pittsburgh, PA area and need service contact them.
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2010, 08:31 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
That's great... But,unless you install the Ignition Switch fix you will just burn out another. You can get the kit fro Workhorse for $$$$ plus install or DIY for about $25.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:50 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by oemtech View Post
That's great... But,unless you install the Ignition Switch fix you will just burn out another. You can get the kit fro Workhorse for $$$$ plus install or DIY for about $25.
Dale, He didn't burn out the switch - the tumblers seized and the key wouldn't turn. So all he got I expect was a new ignition switch and 2 keys!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:54 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by depchief View Post
I would like to compliment Joe Ball Pontiac, GMC, Commercial Truck, located in Glenshaw,PA. for an outstanding service experience..
Beau, If he is a WCC Dealer don't forget to rate the dealer on www.workhorse.com . Go to Dealers/Motorhome/Rate a Motorhome Service Center. It's important.

I'm glad to see you got the lock cylinder fixed.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:18 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Dale, He didn't burn out the switch - the tumblers seized and the key wouldn't turn. So all he got I expect was a new ignition switch and 2 keys!
DriVer, I know my old eyes are getting tired, but where in the OP does it say that the ignition tumblers were stuck causing the problem.

Dieselclacker
dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:22 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Did I miss something... I do wear glasses and I even clean them once in a while.

I just ASSUMED it was the dreaded over loaded ignition switch on the column.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:33 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by oemtech View Post
Did I miss something... I do wear glasses and I even clean them once in a while. ..
OK "Guys", I cheated. Beau called me on the phone!

His complaint was that he was unable to turn the key. What I found unusual is that his key is a sigle bited key as opposed to ours which are double.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #8

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
The ignition switch had a burned pink connector and a melted plastic plug. The switch connection was also burnt. I also could not turn the key.
This all started Tuesday evening when I shut down to register at a CG. Wednesday AM the coach started and ran perfectly. Pulling the mountains on I 77 in WVA it stuttered once and then again about 10 miles down the road. It stuttered again pulling a hill and everything shut down, came back on and no dash, only the seat belt light and the ABS light.
Pulled into the Welcome Center , 6 miles into PA. shut the engine off and it was totally dead.
Towed to Joe Ball and they confirmed what I had figured was the issue.
The rod from the key was also bent and instead of the bent section facing horizontal it was pointing up vertical.
We are presently operating with the switch mounted to the base of the dash and turning on with a small screw driver, waiting for the rod to be shipped by Workhorse.
So you both where right.
I also will look into getting the relay while it is very easy to get to and will be installed by the service facility once the rod part is available
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote