Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2020, 07:31 PM   #1

Cruise Control Module

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2002 Safari Trek 8.1 and was told that I need a new module for my cruise control. I can not find one on the internet. Do any of you know where I might find one?

Thank you
Dawn
DawnCurnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2020, 11:11 PM   #2

Hi , Dawn; I don't know what chassis your coach is built on.
Does the 8.1 mean your coach is on a Workhorse chassis with the 8.1l GM V-8 engine?
Old 08-27-2020, 12:53 AM   #3

HI. Thank you for answering. Yes it would mean that. Does it make a difference? Im just not sure what thenproblem is. However I do know that the problem is not the handle. Everything works but the Cruise Control. Tomorrow I am going to try pulling up on the brake peddle. Crossing my fingers. It seems that would be an inexpensive easy problem to fix.
Old 08-27-2020, 07:37 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnCurnow View Post
HI. Thank you for answering. Yes it would mean that. Does it make a difference? Im just not sure what thenproblem is. However I do know that the problem is not the handle. Everything works but the Cruise Control. Tomorrow I am going to try pulling up on the brake peddle. Crossing my fingers. It seems that would be an inexpensive easy problem to fix.
Check brake light bulbs also
Old 08-27-2020, 10:17 AM   #5

Yes chassis, year, and engine do make a difference when it comes to tracking down problems .
I don't believe your chassis uses a separate module for cruise control ; it's a function of the switches ( brake light, and the switches on the stalk ) and the
engine ECM ( Electronic Control Module ) .
Hopefully your problem will track to a brake light switch adjustment .
In the mean time , I'll do some digging into the operation of the cruise on a 2002 Workhorse chassis. Just to make sure my thinking is correct.

Was it a repair shop that mentioned a separate module , they used to be common , but not so much in modern applications .
Old 08-27-2020, 08:38 PM   #6

Cruise Control not working

Hi Skip

Thank you for the response.

I did as suggested. I pulled up on the brake pedal and YES the Cruise control did engage. As soon as I let go of the pedal it went back off. Now, do you think it's the pedal switch that needed to be replaced or possibly removed and re-adjusted or could it be something else completely?

I am leaving California and going to Michigan next week and would really love to be able to use my Cruise Control.

Dawn
Old 08-27-2020, 09:04 PM   #7

The brake light switch in Workhorse chassis is mounted in a ratcheting mount ( retainer ), if the pedal is pulled back ; even by accident, the adjustment changes and the no cruise issue can result.
Below is a diagram of the switch and mount , if you hold the brake pedal down , and reach up under the dash and push down on the switch , then release the pedal ; without pulling it back up ; the switch is adjusted . If the adjustment won't hold , then the retainer ( ratcheting mount) and switch will probably have to be replaced due to wear on the surfacing .

EDIT: I've seen pictures of the switch ( mounted ) in the forums , I'll try and track them down and link you to them .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Workhose brake light switch.gif
Views:	39
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	298857  
Old 08-27-2020, 09:43 PM   #8

For a photo of the switch in place , check out this link .

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f22/brake...ch-326634.html

Tags
cruise control