Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2021, 10:29 PM   #1
TAN

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dash Air Conditioner

The motor AC did not work on our last tour on extremely hot days. I can't say when it was last used because we take it south in winter and know need for AC. Also do to covid it had sat with out running the motor for 16 months. I have managed to check and its full of juice. Any ideas what else I could check? Thank You
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2021, 05:24 AM   #2

You need to be more specific about what “doesn’t work” means. Is it just not cold enough on hot days, or is there some component that will not turn on? Fan, compressor, dash vents,etc ……
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:48 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
If it "does not work", how did you see that it was "full of juice?"

You need a much better description and some temperature. Use a thermometer, not an infrared temp gun.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 10:28 PM   #4
TAN

Workhorse Chassis Owner
It blows no cold air. Just what ever the temperature is out side. I bought a tool to check if it had enough juice and my gage said it was full. I am very handy at fixing things but I am having trouble fixing the AC. Any help would be appreciated
Thank You
Old 07-21-2021, 12:34 PM   #5

I'm having the same issue, it blows cool air, 80f on a thermometer, but can't hear the compressor cone on or off while running AC, any help, thanks. 2003 Allegro Open Road.
elginfiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 10:12 PM   #6
TAN

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am still asking for help. Thank You
Old 07-23-2021, 09:29 AM   #7

Tan.. 1st easy check.. start a/c.. lift hatch.. hand check temps on the lines coming out of compressor.. 1 hot.. 1 cold.. next confirm that clutch is fully engaged.. and turning.. then hook up gauges. What are pressure ? You report back and we will take it from there.. as always good luck and let us know what you did...
donr103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:34 AM   #8

Elginfiddler.. do the same thing I just asked tan.. to do.. you can see the compressor clutch, not just the pulley turning when you lift hatch.. use a strong flashlights and make sure you shine on front part of compressor.. report back.. as always good luck keep us posted
donr103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 11:27 PM   #9
TAN

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't think my compressor is cutting in. I have found you can try to jump start it. So thats my next thing to try. Thank you everyone. If you have any more ideas I would by more then happy to hear them.
Old 08-19-2021, 06:35 PM   #10

donr103,
What should the pressures be on the low side and on the high side. I'm chasing an on/off compressor issue on my '05' P32 8.1 as well.
Thank you, Vroom.
Vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 08:52 PM   #11

Vroom. It often depends on temp and humidity.. so I don't know where you are and temp of the day.. so what I do.. is look on my gauge and there is a guide around the outside of the gauge that gives you the temp.. find your temp.. then find your temp on gauge and allow + or - 10 to 20% for humidity.. but because most system I work on are older.. I put a probe type thermometer in vent closets to evap.. and if I can get it below 60 to 40 I am happy.. but I also check and make sure it's making a lot of water.. condensation.. out the drain hole.. but in all realities you should have a high price scale and measure exactly how much goes in.. so.. If I use cheap gauge.. around 35 to 50 on low.. if I can get it there.. but I also listen to the compressor and if it's laboring too hard I back off.. hope that helps.. keep us posted
Old 08-19-2021, 10:09 PM   #12

if it has sat for awhile,you could have a bad hose to the water valve and blend door.mine the hose comes out of the dash control as one hose and splits off into 2,one of em to the watar valve the other to the blend door.on mine the hose to the blend door was dry rotted out if i manually closed the water valve it would hold and i had kinda cold air but any amount of gas and i would lose vacuum and it would open then hot air.so check to make sure the water valve is closing,if not the hot air from the heater will kill all the cold air.
catmandoo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 10:39 PM   #13
TAN

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have been working on it when ever I get a new idea. So far everything I have done has failed to fix it. It may be time to take it to the fix it shop.
Old 08-22-2021, 07:52 PM   #14

a pro level obdII/diagnostic reader will give you various sensors and valve indications for the a/c, you switch the a/c on off and it might help some, borrow if can or buy, but likely ~$120+ for one that show these readings, also it will give all sorts of other engine and trans indications too.

GL

Tags
air