Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2021, 04:50 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Dash Air Conditioning 1994 P30 Chassis

Been rebuilding my dash air. Been having a problem identifying the "check valve" that screws into the receiver. Anybody know a proper name or better yet a part#? Also the compressor switch that screws into the high pressure line next to the evaporator.
My desicant bag broke open so I'm replacing the receiver,expansion valve and evaporator and hopefully the switch also. HELP!
When I removed the evaporator there was oil in the bottom of the case.
OhioBob962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2021, 07:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBob962 View Post
Been rebuilding my dash air. Been having a problem identifying the "check valve" that screws into the receiver. Anybody know a proper name or better yet a part#? Also the compressor switch that screws into the high pressure line next to the evaporator.

My desicant bag broke open so I'm replacing the receiver,expansion valve and evaporator and hopefully the switch also. HELP!

When I removed the evaporator there was oil in the bottom of the case.

Can you post of picture of yours? If it is the same as my 1995 I may have part numbers for you.
Old 07-15-2021, 07:10 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Check Valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNC View Post
Can you post of picture of yours? If it is the same as my 1995 I may have part numbers for you.
I think 1995 has 134a instead of R12.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	check valve1.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	336062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Checkvalve2.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	336063  

Old 07-17-2021, 03:46 PM   #4

I do have those two check valves on mine, I could not find a part number for those two when I overhauled my A/C, instead I cleaned them, reused them and have not had a problem in the 3 1/2 years since.
Your best bet might be AcmeAir. They carry quite a few parts for older motorhome A/C and might at least identify it.

BTW my understanding of how P30chassis were delivered to the motorhome manufacturer is that the A/C was all GM from the compressor to the output side of the receiver/dryer.

http://acmeairparts.com/home.html

The part number for the high side pressure switch on mine is GM/ ACDelco # 15-5741
Old 07-18-2021, 08:58 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
[QUOTE=RickNC;5835615]I do have those two check valves on mine, I could not find a part number for those two when I overhauled my A/C, instead I cleaned them, reused them and have not had a problem in the 3 1/2 years since.
Your best bet might be AcmeAir. They carry quite a few parts for older motorhome A/C and might at least identify it.

BTW my understanding of how P30chassis were delivered to the motorhome manufacturer is that the A/C was all GM from the compressor to the output side of the receiver/dryer.

A/C Parts Automotive and Motorhome

The part number for the high side pressure switch on mine is GM/ ACDelco # 15-5741[/QUOTE

I wasn't clear on the switch. The switch I'm talking about is located on the high pressure line next to the evaporator inside the evaporator case. I finally found the switch.
I found 1/2 of new of the "check valve" and ordered it. There is a junk motorhome at my storage lot and it has the two check valves on it. So between them all I might have everything I need.
Another question..When installing the expansion valve,Evaporator, switch and check valve do I use teflon tape on the threads? Any kind/type thread sealer?
Old 07-18-2021, 08:59 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
I wasn't clear on the switch. The switch I'm talking about is located on the high pressure line next to the evaporator inside the evaporator case. I finally found the switch.
I found 1/2 of new of the "check valve" and ordered it. There is a junk motorhome at my storage lot and it has the two check valves on it. So between them all I might have everything I need.
Another question..When installing the expansion valve,Evaporator, switch and check valve do I use teflon tape on the threads? Any kind/type thread sealer?
Old 07-22-2021, 10:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBob962 View Post

Iím not sure what the official recommendation is , but I did use teflon tape on the sensors but not on the check valves Since they had an oring.
Hopefully you will be doing the vacuuming and recharging yourself? Even after buying the gauges and pump I came out about even coast wise for what the local. shops wanted. Bonus was the job was done right the first time!
Old 07-23-2021, 10:36 AM   #8

When I replaced my compressor , I flushed the system several times while it was apart with cleaner made specifically for A/C units. I used nitrogen to blow out any remaining cleaner. After the system was connected I used a vacuum pump and flushed it with nitrogen a couple of more times. I then added the correct amount of oil and charged the system. It's been trouble free for 5 yrs now.

Tags
air, air conditioning, chassis, dash, dash air, p30