Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2007, 04:47 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Posted this ? on the Winne Owners group, but did not get much of a reponse, so will ask here...
is there some info available on how to use the trip and mode functions ? I have managed to fumble on to a couple of functions, but would think there is an easier way to find out how it works .. Did not get a WH manual with the MH. Did go to the WH web site and downloaded the WH Chassis Guide (free) dated July 2005 edition). There is a single page about the Instrument Cluster and Message Center. It mentions some history and lists the available functions, but not a word on how to use it....! other than how to get to the diagnostic menu or change contrast..
thanx for any info ..

Russ
Russ & Ronda is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2007, 04:47 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Posted this ? on the Winne Owners group, but did not get much of a reponse, so will ask here...
is there some info available on how to use the trip and mode functions ? I have managed to fumble on to a couple of functions, but would think there is an easier way to find out how it works .. Did not get a WH manual with the MH. Did go to the WH web site and downloaded the WH Chassis Guide (free) dated July 2005 edition). There is a single page about the Instrument Cluster and Message Center. It mentions some history and lists the available functions, but not a word on how to use it....! other than how to get to the diagnostic menu or change contrast..
thanx for any info ..

Russ
Old 12-12-2007, 04:59 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The trip button cycles through two individual trip odometers and the total mile odometer for the coach.

Push the trip button and release quickly and you will see the total miles, push again and release quickly and you will see, I believe, Trip 1. Repeat again and you will see Trip 2.

To erase either of the trip odometers, push and hold the trip button for several seconds. When you release it you should see all zero's.

I use Trip 1 to calculate my mileage on a tank of gas and Trip 2 is used to show the total miles for any given trip.

I will let someone with more knowledge speak to the mode button. I can muddle through it but I'm not an expert.
skipsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Read this THREAD it should help.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:07 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Did not get a WH manual with the MH. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
RUSS: if I read you right, you have a new 2007 Winnebago Adventurer and you did not find a Workhorse Owner's manual. That is inexcusable, and your dealer or Winnie should be required to provide one.

That said, please send me a PM with your CHASSIS vin # and I'll see if I can be of help in getting you one. ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:21 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by edgray:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Did not get a WH manual with the MH. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
RUSS: if I read you right, you have a new 2007 Winnebago Adventurer and you did not find a Workhorse Owner's manual. That is inexcusable, and your dealer or Winnie should be required to provide one.

That said, please send me a PM with your CHASSIS vin # and I'll see if I can be of help in getting you one. ED </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ed ... thanx for the concern, but I am not the original purchaser, but the second owner. But, would still like to get a proper WH manual. Suggestions requested on how to do so.

Thanx

Russ
Old 12-12-2007, 07:27 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Go to my web site and download the Acita manual. Its in the Download section.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:43 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oemtech:
Go to my web site and download the Acita manual. Its in the Download section. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oemtech .... thanx much for the manual... also saw a couple of things on your site, Tech tips and DIY that will ber useful .. thanx again

Russ
Old 12-13-2007, 09:16 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
You can get most of the FW info you might need from this site FW Contacts.
wilanddij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:39 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Russ, if you get real frustrated going through the dash display, check out ScanGuage II, this is much easier to retrive the information and the display is easier to read.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote