Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2007, 01:36 PM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
what would cause all 4 of my headlights to be on? when only the low beams should be on i just bought this class A. 03 damon challenger 329. i don't have a clue thank for any in put.other wise i.m happy with my damon and workhorse chassis
bmanSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2007, 01:36 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
what would cause all 4 of my headlights to be on? when only the low beams should be on i just bought this class A. 03 damon challenger 329. i don't have a clue thank for any in put.other wise i.m happy with my damon and workhorse chassis
Old 06-30-2007, 03:27 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bmanSC:
what would cause all 4 of my headlights to be on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>bmanSC, Hi neighbor! Welcome to iRV2.com.

What happens if you flash your hi-beams with the lights burning? I might think that your stalk could be the problem but it may also be your dash panel light switch.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:55 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bmanSC:
what would cause all 4 of my headlights to be on? when only the low beams should be on i just bought this class A. 03 damon challenger 329. i don't have a clue thank for any in put.other wise i.m happy with my damon and workhorse chassis </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have day time running lights and all four of my headlamps are on, but of lower intensity. I suspect they are wired that way.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:40 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
what would cause all 4 of my headlights to be on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>bmanSC, Hi neighbor! Welcome to iRV2.com.

What happens if you flash your hi-beams with the lights burning? I might think that your stalk could be the problem but it may also be your dash panel light switch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nothing.they stay the same.it's going in to get 2other problems fixed the fog lights don,t work and the 2 fans don,t work. no power to either.checked every fuse and relay i could find thank you
Old 07-01-2007, 02:45 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Petro:
what would cause all 4 of my headlights to be on? when only the low beams should be on i just bought this class A. 03 damon challenger 329. i don't have a clue thank for any in put.other wise i.m happy with my damon and workhorse chassis </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have day time running lights and all four of my headlamps are on, but of lower intensity. I suspect they are wired that way.

Don </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they are on lower intensity in that case i'm not going to worry about them.thank you
Old 07-01-2007, 07:26 AM   #7
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
I have the same thing on my Triple E Commander - all 4 lights on for daytime running lights but when I switch to low beam only the low beam lights come on and brighter. I believe they use the lights in series instead of a resistor to dim the lights during the daytime.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:32 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will have to look,, I know on my rig the LOW BEAMS are lit at lower than normal voltage but have never looked at the HIGH beams.

I have an after market DRL on my towed. instructions say to hook it to the high beam bulbs (I used low) so I can see where GM may have hooked up all bulbs on their system, Workhorse uses the GM system.

Side note: Seen a lot of argument on DRL's. Canada did studies before mandating them. Studies showed that lights on meant less accidents. That is a good thing.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:49 AM   #9
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
Having your landing lights on - in a aeroplane -
was required from 1980 - within 5 miles of an airport.It was easier to see a moving headlight than even a strobe.
It was then decided to try this on automobiles and lo and behold the accident rates went down as drivers could better see oncoming drivers and judge the distance better when passing.
Most rednecks think that it is so that they can see better when driving down the road in daylight.
I still see the occasional "older" vehicle without lights. Have you ever seen a black or gray car driving at dusk on a black road and think that you alsmost pulled out to pass but didn't see him till the last minute? - DRL help.
Just my toonies worth.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:54 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
No flash to pass on Workhorse --- what are you having him flash DriVer --
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:31 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikeT:
No flash to pass on Workhorse --- what are you having him flash DriVer -- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not suggesting that there is a flash to pass only to attempt using the stalk to see if there is a change in the light pattern.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:04 PM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikeT:
No flash to pass on Workhorse --- what are you having him flash DriVer -- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not suggesting that there is a flash to pass only to attempt using the stalk to see if there is a change in the light pattern. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
DriVer i'm originaly from the nor'east.thetax me state ofconn. imessed up .all 4 of my headlights are on as drl's when i turn on the reg. lights on the low beams come on when i hit the high beam switch they come on. all 4 lights come on like they should.my concern was.should all 4 of the head lights come on as drl's? sorry for the confusion.i'm new to the class A world. thanks for everybody's help.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:32 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
DriVer I'm originally from the nor'east.the tax me state of conn. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I understand, me too. Lived there for almost 35 years before heading south. No mo snow!
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">my concern was.should all 4 of the head lights come on as drl's? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm new to Damon Challengers. It might be totally normal for you to burn 4 lamps but some how I don't think it's right. I only burn 2.

If it becomes a problem for you, I believe you can remove the DRL fuse. In the morning I'll go out in the MH and look it up in my manual to be sure.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:56 AM   #14

Is tere any way to keep the high beams off when all four lights come on as DRL? I would love to have my high beam be able to flash passing drivers, then they would know it is safe to come back into the right lane.
CBChief is offline   Reply With Quote