Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2015, 08:32 AM   #1

Did all Chevy Truck centers break off from WH?

I have at least 2 recalls and other work needed. I called the local Chevy Dealer (Maher Chevrolet-St Pete) who has a large commercial truck service center who has worked on other Workhorse Chassis' RV's I have owned and they say they no longer handle the warranty work and referred me to Sun State International Trucks in Tampa. Would that be related to this?

AMP Holding Inc. Announces Official Name Change to
Workhorse Group Inc. Stock Symbol Changes from AMPD
to WKHS Cincinnati, OH April 16, 2015. AMP Holding Inc. (OTCQB: AMPD) has completed its name change to Workhorse Group Inc., along with the new stock symbol WKHS replacing AMPD. The name change was initiated to coincide with the company’s Workhorse® brand. The new name and stock symbol now reflect the “Corporate Brand” of the business.
About AMP Holding, Inc. AMP Holding Inc. is the parent company of AMP Electric Vehicles Inc. and AMP Trucks Inc. AMP Electric Vehicles manufactures electric drive systems for medium-duty, class
3-6 commercial truck platforms. AMP Trucks Inc., which purchased the assets of Workhorse Custom Chassis LLC from Navistar in March of 2013, can equip its Workhorse chassis with gasoline, propane, or CNG engines. For additional information

visit Workhorse Advanced Vehicles | Innovation built on a tradition of excellence
Sky Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2015, 11:34 AM   #2

Not liking that for availability of service centers.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:40 AM   #3

My local GMC dealer who works on Topkicks services mine. They are a former Workhorse Service Center. Just had serpentine belt and idler arm replaced there before I left for this trip.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Pilot View Post
I have at least 2 recalls and other work needed. I called the local Chevy Dealer (Maher Chevrolet-St Pete) who has a large commercial truck service center who has worked on other Workhorse Chassis' RV's I have owned and they say they no longer handle the warranty work and referred me to Sun State International Trucks in Tampa........
Given that the Workhorse warranty was 3 years/36,000 miles, I would be amazed if there are many, if any, chassis that have any warranty remaining. If you are seeking a RECALL campaign completion, I believe Navistar is on the hook for those forever. You will have to find a shop that is willing to perform the recall and seek reimbursement from Navistar, and a Navistar truck dealership may be a good choice.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:40 AM   #5

Coggin Chevy in Jacksonville FL has a Workhorse qualified technician and they worked on my 2008 Winnabago this past March
foxyroxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:31 AM   #6

To clarify....it is the recalls. I know the fuel tank recall was not done or not done properly as lots of fuel spills from the unused outlet. I have to watch under the coach when I think I am about full and as soon as it starts dripping I stop fueling. If I set pump on autostop, I get a couple of gals overflow and it continues to leak as you drive. A very dangerous situation.

This is a new used purchase to me and a 2008 chassis, it only had 6k miles on it and supposedly the original owner got sick soon after buying it and it was the least of his issues, so doubt the brake recall was done, plus the ABS warning light came on during 1st trip after a hard stop and stays on.

Both of these are serious recalls, the Chevy dealer referred me to an International dealer in Tampa for the recall work. They seem either overloaded with work or could care less.

Does anyone know of a National call center I can contact to try and get some assistance and to give them the VIN so they can check the recalls?

Thanks

Scott
Old 06-09-2015, 06:03 AM   #7

All I need is the last 8 digits of the chassis VIN #. PM if you want.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
All I need is the last 8 digits of the chassis VIN #. PM if you want.
Many thanks:

Old 06-10-2015, 08:05 AM   #9

SKY Pilot:
That vin # is for a 2008 W-21 chassis originally shipped to R-Vision in Warsaw, IN. I have downloaded the build sheet and can send it to you as an attachment to a reply if you send me an email- it won't display correctly here. edgray1@gmail.com

The short story is that there are two (2) open recalls. One for the Bosch brakes, and one for the fuel tank unused fill cap.

Tags
chevy