Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2021, 09:35 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Dreaded Auto Park J71 System

Well I suffered the failure or activation of my 2001 Workhorse P32 Auto Park Brake last week.
I ordered new pressure switches for RGS pump location and for under coach at tee. I also replaced 4 pin relay. I still do not have power to hydraulic pump motor. The 10 amp fuse was good but replaced anyway. I’m not sure what else to check at this point. Maybe the yellow brake selector interlock in cab has failed open?
I did find schematic but I’m limited on my understanding of 12VDC. I could not find any other relay under coach near tee as called out by one article I read. Hate to replace pump/motor before proving them out as not working. Reservoir is full.
Any ideas out there for me? Any help in identifying power supply to pump/motor would be greatly appreciated.

John
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2021, 03:59 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
There is lots of help to be had on irv2 sites. Just google it at the top of the page.

Some have even deleted the auto park system and went to a manual apply system. Be sure to remember to engage it whenever you stop though.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAquaman View Post
Well I suffered the failure or activation of my 2001 Workhorse P32 Auto Park Brake last week.
I ordered new pressure switches for RGS pump location and for under coach at tee. I also replaced 4 pin relay. I still do not have power to hydraulic pump motor. The 10 amp fuse was good but replaced anyway. I’m not sure what else to check at this point. Maybe the yellow brake selector interlock in cab has failed open?
I did find schematic but I’m limited on my understanding of 12VDC. I could not find any other relay under coach near tee as called out by one article I read. Hate to replace pump/motor before proving them out as not working. Reservoir is full.
Any ideas out there for me? Any help in identifying power supply to pump/motor would be greatly appreciated.

John
I have the same problem no power after system failed.
I have searched the forum for 5 days an still nothing as to where to begin looking at a power supply.
I have used a power probe all the way back to the grey switch an each time I have actuated the pump. Even pulled off connection to the yellow button an it to actuated the pump.
I activated the other side an the plunger for the key switch activated.
So it might be in there. So far I have had no replies to questions about this to verify if the key switch needs replaced or there is something else I'm missing.
What schematic do you have?
Let me know if you got yours fixed.
Thanks.. Bill
Mitzlplik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 03:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzlplik View Post
I have the same problem no power after system failed.
I have searched the forum for 5 days an still nothing as to where to begin looking at a power supply.......
What schematic do you have?
Let me know if you got yours fixed.
Thanks.. Bill
There are electrical schematic listed HERE:

Legacy Information

Be sure you scroll down to your specific year and chassis model. Good luck !
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:41 PM   #5

Thanks edgray.
I'll look an see if it will help.
Today I found that I can operate the parking brake from an of the connections I power probed a last resort is to wire in a toggle switch to activate and keep it released thru the yellow knob wire or any of the others I connected to might wire it to the relay for a safety measure.
Thanks again.. Bill
Old 06-16-2021, 02:06 PM   #6

Hidden fuse box

To access the in side fuses remove the dash panel an located on the left just behind the ac outlet.
The number for the auto park is #10 it powers the auto park and brake light. After 5 days of looking a friend helped stopped an we spent 4 hrs cking power an ground. He noticed the fuse block by accident an the rest is listed up top on this thread post. Mine is a 2002 winnebago 8.1.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:47 PM   #7

if the dash does not lift up on your mh.. look at fuse panel dr side very top rt and labled a/p.. anyway look on your inside fuse block.. warning you may have worn out your brake shoes.. so test a/p on hill before you trust and chock all wheels until then.. even now.. only the a/p hold mh there is no pin in trans like a car to hold mh in place..
donr103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:22 AM   #8

I would check the ignition switch located at the bottom of the steering column. Known problem area. Also did you do the upgrade relay for the heater motor. Lots of current draw by the motor and ruins the switch. Lots on this forum about it
c62250000210 is offline   Reply With Quote