Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Driver's Blog

Have you guys see this?

Check it out!
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

That looks really cool!

It's too bad so many people are losing confidence in WH. Poor guys are waiting to get their brakes fixed and WH is 'moving right along' designing and building the UFO and now another new model.

Does anyone actually have a yellow frame or is that just for the show?
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by max49 View Post
That looks really cool!
Thanks for the review.
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:56 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Great write up,on a good looking chassis. However, a downer is using Bosch brakes with the existing problems unresolved. I think that you will be hit with this question time and time again. I know you will say that the calipers are different, the pistons are changed, and a new ABS system installed. Due to the deplorable handling of the recall I have lost confidence in the Workhorse product no matter what they come out with. IMHO

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bud View Post
Great write up,on a good looking chassis. However, a downer is using Bosch brakes with the existing problems unresolved. I think that you will be hit with this question time and time again. I know you will say that the calipers are different, the pistons are changed, and a new ABS system installed. Due to the deplorable handling of the recall I have lost confidence in the Workhorse product no matter what they come out with. IMHO
You are correct, this issue has been mishandled from the beginning, denials, delays, delays, denials. In this economy,poor service will hurt you and drive your customers away, I hope.
Spending your money elsewhere is the only thing they will understand.
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:08 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bud View Post
Due to the deplorable handling of the recall I have lost confidence in the Workhorse product no matter what they come out with. IMHO
I think you hit the nail right on the head. I doubt that I will consider a WH product in the future. I'm sure you and I are not the only ones who have that opinion.

Workhorse W22
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:49 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Interesting post Driver some nice additions to the lineup. The past is past and the future will tell the real story as I have nothing but good to say about my WH chassis I would be looking to WH in the future.

Rick
Old 12-18-2009, 12:28 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNB View Post
Interesting post Driver some nice additions to the lineup. The past is past and the future will tell the real story as I have nothing but good to say about my WH chassis I would be looking to WH in the future.

Rick
Sorry to say RICKNB but the past is not past, we owners are still living under the Sword of Damocles every time we drive our MHs. I have owned my MH for almost 7yrs. and enjoyed the vehicle until the last few years when this problem surfaced and a recall was issued. (notification thereof), now my patience is beginning to wear thin. I was looking forward to a rear engined gasser, now I understand that the big push is on FREDs., and Workhorse still hasn't fixed this brake problem.

HOW MUCH LONGER WORKHORSE?????

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I know it doesn't help to ease the pain (and money) of what you've had to go through, but not all WH models have had brake problems. There are a lot of happy WH chassis owners out there.

So just like GM, Ford, etc. brought out bad runs and had to be pushed to handle corrections, you can't condemned the entire WH lineup as being bad forever.

Yes, WH bought and installed the brakes in question, but they didn't make (produce) them, so they still have to wait themselves for something to be provided to them, to take the place of what is causing the problem on some models. Bottom line, they are not in the brake business, so they can't produce the replacement.

And I know you all know this also,

Best,

Bob
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:58 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppr View Post
So just like GM, Ford, etc. brought out bad runs and had to be pushed to handle corrections, you can't condemned the entire WH lineup as being bad forever.
Bob, this brake issue has been going on for several years. While we shouldn't condemn a company forever, nothing has been fixed, nothing is in the past.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:36 PM   #11

It is a shame you WH owners are still having a problem. I had my 2001 Adventurer on the W-20 chassis brakes all replaced. After a front right brake froze up and cooked everything down to the spindle.

The brakes were the only issue I ever had with WH. WOuld still be a WH owner if they had come out with the C chassis sooner and Winny wasa useing it.
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:01 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
For the ones who say not all wh have brake problems I would say dont jenks yourself. Everyday we see new posts, on this site as well as others, where the same ones who posted no problems are now saying My brakes failed last week. JCM just posted today he just had a failure and he has done all his maintance. Like I said I dont wish anyone any bad luck but imo its a wh brake problem. I dont understand why folks want to blame bosch for this holdup. Every time I had a brake problem I had to take it to a garage to get it fixed and not bosch. If you bought a ford, chevy, toyota or any other auto and say had a problem with, brakes, fuel pump ect, ect you wouldnt take it to the oem co that built the parts. You would take it to the dealership or garage. Now if wh would have investigated the brake problem and notified bosch so they could investige it for themselves instead of saying it was our fault for years I believe we would have a fix by now. WH would have to first, admit it has a brake problem to be able to notify bosch. How was bosch to know there was a brake problem? Now wh wont reimbursh anyone who had repairs before nov, 2007 even though the repairs were done because of def brakes. So imo the past is not the past untill we are made totally whole with our repair costs and we have a good brake system, if thats possible. Sorry for long post and it just my opinion,right?on a side note, the ufo was going to be my next chassis but im alittle concerned now.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:41 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsr View Post
I dont understand why folks want to blame bosch for this holdup. Every time I had a brake problem I had to take it to a garage to get it fixed and not bosch. If you bought a ford, chevy, toyota or any other auto and say had a problem with, brakes, fuel pump ect, ect you wouldnt take it to the oem co that built the parts. You would take it to the dealership or garage. Now if wh would have investigated the brake problem and notified bosch so they could investige it for themselves instead of saying it was our fault for years I believe we would have a fix by now. WH would have to first, admit it has a brake problem to be able to notify bosch.

on a side note, the ufo was going to be my next chassis but im alittle concerned now.
Maybe WH notified Bosch and Bosch said there was not a problem as these units were in service elsewhere without problems. None of us are on the inside to know what happened or why dates and rules were set in the recall.

My Mercury was recalled for cruse control several years ago. They didn't care that we paid for cruise. Ford merely disconnected it and said do without until parts are available. 13 months later the part was installed after becoming available. Recalled 7 months later for same issue. Again disconnected for 2 months until another new part was installed. All manufactures have their problems.

also like the UFO for my next one, Fear is it won't be an available chassis.

George
George Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:41 PM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
or the ones who say not all wh have brake problems I would say dont jenks yourself.
So the owners that are happy with their WH chassis should just be quiet and not say that they have had no troubles and only let the owners that have had problems post about all the negative things that WH has done to them for if they do post that they have had no problems they will jenks themselves and have problems. I for one am not superstitious. If I do have a problem with my brakes I will have them fixed and yes with the calipers that are currently available I am not going to park my rig and sit and grumble about poor WH service and not use my rig the problem has been identified and someday in the future will be implemented.

Quote:
Everyday we see new posts, on this site as well as others, where the same ones who posted no problems are now saying My brakes failed last week. JCM just posted today he just had a failure and he has done all his maintance. Like I said I dont wish anyone any bad luck but imo its a wh brake problem.
WH has stated that there is a problem with the calipers(in writing to all owners) it is nobody's opinion anymore. Will it continue to happen? Yes I am sure it will WH has not stated that it will not continue to have failing brake problems and provides instructions in the notice as what to do if it does.

Quote:
I dont understand why folks want to blame bosch for this holdup. Every time I had a brake problem I had to take it to a garage to get it fixed and not bosch. If you bought a ford, chevy, toyota or any other auto and say had a problem with, brakes, fuel pump ect, ect you wouldnt take it to the oem co that built the parts. You would take it to the dealership or garage.
I did not realize that some owners were taking their rigs to Bosch for repairs I didnt know that Bosch had service centers that did repair work.

Quote:
Now if wh would have investigated the brake problem and notified bosch so they could investige it for themselves instead of saying it was our fault for years I believe we would have a fix by now. WH would have to first, admit it has a brake problem to be able to notify bosch. How was bosch to know there was a brake problem? Now wh wont reimbursh anyone who had repairs before nov, 2007 even though the repairs were done because of def brakes. So imo the past is not the past] untill we are made totally whole with our repair costs and we have a good brake system, if thats possible.
These items were all in the past and weather or not they were handled right they have happened and cannot be changed now just the same as something that happened 2 seconds ago cannot be changed. Lets put a period in what we cannot change and get on with the future and maybe we can all have a good brake system even the owners that have not had any problems.

Quote:
Sorry for long post and it just my opinion,right?on a side note, the ufo was going to be my next chassis but im alittle concerned now.
Just my opinion
Rick